North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Relocating City fans from ESLI upto SS2/3 is actually minimum disruption and has advantages.

Better views.
Better acoustics.
Above, but close to, away fans.
At their preferred end for access/egress.

No disruption for away fans who have no 'permanence'.

Segregation, security, logistics, coach park, H&S are maintained.

Finally, safely will be improved by no more missiles launched from above on to City fans.

This proposal is entirely achievable at very low cost, and I hope the club will engage with the authorities to achieve it for the start of season 2025/26.

Two acoustical atmosphere stands must be better than one particularly if it means away fans are relocated to the worst acoustic location in thestadium....

.....win,win,win !!
You need to let this one go…

GMP will never allow City to move away fans from the South Stand.

There is a major exit behind that East/South corner that leads towards the bridge/CFA. Externally it wouldn’t work because it’s a major access route for City fans.

They could potentially put all away fans in SSL3, but that brings problems (remember Liverpool fans throwing a coin filled pint pot at a little girl?).

The current setup is best. It works with the away fan car park. It means no opposing fans are on top of each other. It splits up away fans and makes it harder for them to generate an atmosphere.

It’s not going to change!

I actually agree with this. SSL1 is shite. The view is shite and the acoustics are shite. It really does stink of biting of their noses. The new stand will clearly be miles better for both thoughs things. If the prices are at least matched with SS1, then there's no excuse in my opinion.
SSL1 is the most atmospheric part of the stadium (by some distance).

It’s also the highest demand for tickets.

Fans want ‘atmosphere’. If the club went all out for NSL2 as an atmospheric section then there would be ‘few’ (rather than ‘no’) excuses. But they’re not, so fans will vote with their feet.

I actually agree with this. SSL1 is shite. The view is shite and the acoustics are shite. It really does stink of biting of their noses. The new stand will clearly be miles better for both thoughs things. If the prices are at least matched with SS1, then there's no excuse in my opinion.
SS1 becomes 1894s DISPLAY STAND with SS3 becoming the second home end after away fans have been shifted down to ESL1

NS2 becomes our principal ATMOSPHERE END with increasing numbers of safe standing seats and lots of u21 lads.

Get it done City, everyone will be happy and the atmosphere could be mega

Fans want ‘atmosphere’. If the club went all out for NSL2 as an atmospheric section then there would be ‘few’ (rather than ‘no’) excuses. But they’re not, so fans will vote with their feet.

It's the most atmospheric in terms of being in it, but in terms of its impact around the ground, because of where it's located in the ground it doesn't spread the way it could around the ground. Which is why, even if there are some initial issues with the NS proposals, it will end up being much more impactful to the atmosphere in the whole ground simply because it's a group under a roof with noise being heard around the ground. It's the best place for singers to be located. Pricing has to be right of course, but in terms of the basic requirements for creating atmosphere it ticks more boxes than SSL1.

There is no chance that SCs will be priced at mid to rear SS3 levels (the front section of SS3 is the same price as SS1).

The expanded NS will be level 2 for starters even though the back of it will be certainly level with the back of SS3 and it will also have top class facilities unlike SS3. The reason why the club has more or less stopped offering new SCs since Covid is that an £800 SC generates only £42 per game. That isn't a starting price for the lowest demand games so you can forget about anything cheaper in what will be the premium end.

Cheap and cheerful? Mid to rear SS3.

Better facilities, level 2 but higher prices? NS2

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's the most atmospheric part of the stadium, but with the acoustics the way they are down there, it's just wasted, and would be far better in the new stand, surely 1894 can see that? And staying in that part of the ground just to make a point will make 1894 just as culpable as the club for the poor atmosphere, especially when there is now an opportunity for fans to take matters into their own hands and just move en mass and sort the atmosphere ourselves.

The seats will be there for us to locate to, just do it.

It’s one of those things where we’ll have to agree to disagree.

I’ve sat in three meetings with the club and (although I can’t say too much) the impression I got in those meetings was that atmosphere is a secondary (if that) priority to revenue. I cannot give you specifics, I’m sure the proof will be in the pudding.

My major concern with the update the club has released was the lack of confidence. They are putting in 3k rail seats and saying they can add more if we fill those. That’s not confident. It makes the decision risky for fans (because they might swap their amazing seat they’ve been in for a decade, for one right at the back of NSL2, and NSL2 might end up being shite). Less will move and the opportunity will be missed.

The alternative was to come out and say half (or more) of NSL2 will be rail seating. No hospitality (which could be put on north side of CBL2 and ESL2 so revenue isn’t missed). Rename the North Stand to the new Kippax or something else that fans would want to be part of.

They haven’t done that. Their current plans is too much of a mixed bag. Trying to please too many people (18-25s, Families, prayer rooms, hospitality, existing NS seasoncard holders) which is contrary to ‘an atmospheric home end’.

Hopefully you can see my thought process and I would stress that this was a view that was shared by many CityMatters reps who were present in the meetings and who aren’t half as bothered about atmosphere as me.

I would also stress that ‘atmosphere’ was by far the most important issue for City fans in all of the surveys I saw.

Finally, my personal view is that I really want NSL2 to work. It’s such a no brainer. I’m probably the biggest advocate for it within 1894’s leadership. We have to get this right! The ball is firmly in the clubs court.

That's your take, and it is up to me to trust, or not. Be that as it may though, at least accept my observation that it is a big distraction when included in discussions. It risks snowballing in unintended directions, and is probably what makes it more difficult to trust such and subsequent posts.

I would not bother saying that to you, to the resistance it gets, if I didn't mean well with it, fwiw.

It's the most atmospheric in terms of being in it, but in terms of its impact around the ground, because of where it's located in the ground it doesn't spread the way it could around the ground. Which is why, even if there are some initial issues with the NS proposals, it will end up being much more impactful to the atmosphere in the whole ground simply because it's a group under a roof with noise being heard around the ground. It's the best place for singers to be located. Pricing has to be right of course, but in terms of the basic requirements for creating atmosphere it ticks more boxes than SSL1.

The bit in bold I agree with 100%. Completely get your point.

The point I'd make in reply is that fans in SSL1 are happy enjoying the atmosphere in there, the banter with away fans etc. What is going on elsewhere in the ground isn't a major concern for them. It's going to take something special for them to move.

Imagine if the club really pushed atmosphere in NSL2 and we ended up with 9k singers bunched under a roof that's built with acoustics in mind. It could be mega... but with the current proposals, it won't.

You need to let this one go…

GMP will never allow City to move away fans from the South Stand.

There is a major exit behind that East/South corner that leads towards the bridge/CFA. Externally it wouldn’t work because it’s a major access route for City fans.

They could potentially put all away fans in SSL3, but that brings problems (remember Liverpool fans throwing a coin filled pint pot at a little girl?).

The current setup is best. It works with the away fan car park. It means no opposing fans are on top of each other. It splits up away fans and makes it harder for them to generate an atmosphere.

It’s not going to change!
The only thing that's constant is change.

There are No risks, only REDUCED risks by making this change.

It's only closed minds by GMP ( lazy bastards not fit for purpose ) & others, including some on here, that are standing in the way of an ideal structure.

Where there's a will there's away !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.