North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

There is no chance that SCs will be priced at mid to rear SS3 levels (the front section of SS3 is the same price as SS1).

The expanded NS will be level 2 for starters even though the back of it will be certainly level with the back of SS3 and it will also have top class facilities unlike SS3. The reason why the club has more or less stopped offering new SCs since Covid is that an £800 SC generates only £42 per game. That isn't a starting price for the lowest demand games so you can forget about anything cheaper in what will be the premium end.

Cheap and cheerful? Mid to rear SS3.

Better facilities, level 2 but higher prices? NS2
The stand is so big that there will be different price points throughout North Stand Level 2 (as there is in SSL3).

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's the most atmospheric part of the stadium, but with the acoustics the way they are down there, it's just wasted, and would be far better in the new stand, surely 1894 can see that? And staying in that part of the ground just to make a point will make 1894 just as culpable as the club for the poor atmosphere, especially when there is now an opportunity for fans to take matters into their own hands and just move en mass and sort the atmosphere ourselves.

The seats will be there for us to locate to, just do it.
All 1894 are saying is that we cannot agree to anything because we don't have the full picture.

We don't know pricing. We don't know seasoncard %s. We don't know enough to commit to moving.

The current plans do not go far enough IMO, but we haven't closed the door. We've just made the points that are relevant at this time. If the club is willing to put more emphasis on atmosphere, it will help 1894 make a case to our members to move. Ultimately they're in charge (and you can become a member and have your say, it's free!)

Please remember that our views are based on feedback from THOUSANDS of our members. It's not one or two of us deciding - we go with the majority and we will resurvey fans in the coming months when we have more information.

Reactions: jrb
That's your take, and it is up to me to trust, or not. Be that as it may though, at least accept my observation that it is a big distraction when included in discussions. It risks snowballing in unintended directions, and is probably what makes it more difficult to trust such and subsequent posts.

I would not bother saying that to you, to the resistance it gets, if I didn't mean well with it, fwiw.
That's fair. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, either.

If anything it's great that so many people are passionate about this. We're all blues and we all want a brilliant atmosphere.

There are different ways to skin a cat; we're taking a certain route right now. We'll have to see how it plays out, but fingers crossed it leads to what we all want!

Of course there will be.

What there won't be is sub £500 SCs as in the mid and rear sections of SS3.
I'm not expecting that to be honest. FWIW, my seat in SS1 is £590 but only because it's on the front row (not that I'm ever in it mind as I stand further back with my mates!), otherwise it's about £200 more than that in SS1. That's for platinum so knock £50 off for non-platinum. I'd hope that season ticket prices in the new stand in the safe standing sections are priced slightly better than that with the higher prices in the better seats towards the front of the stand.

I would also add that the club can generate revenue in other ways rather than pricing it high. Move a load of passionate singers into that stand and they'll spend a fuck ton of money in the bars there. Anyone who has seen the new bar in SS1 will see how packed it gets before the game and at half-time.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that it's the most atmospheric part of the stadium, but with the acoustics the way they are down there, it's just wasted, and would be far better in the new stand, surely 1894 can see that? And staying in that part of the ground just to make a point will make 1894 just as culpable as the club for the poor atmosphere, especially when there is now an opportunity for fans to take matters into their own hands and just move en mass and sort the atmosphere ourselves.

A voice of reason...

The bit in bold I agree with 100%. Completely get your point.

The point I'd make in reply is that fans in SSL1 are happy enjoying the atmosphere in there, the banter with away fans etc. What is going on elsewhere in the ground isn't a major concern for them. It's going to take something special for them to move.

Imagine if the club really pushed atmosphere in NSL2 and we ended up with 9k singers bunched under a roof that's built with acoustics in mind. It could be mega... but with the current proposals, it won't.

As you've said in subsequent posts, we need to know the pricing structure. That's a critical missing bit of information at the moment.

And I can appreciate that plenty of members are happy having banter with the away fans and singing where they are. But being in an area that essentially conducts the entire stadium is a far better place to be. The atmosphere can be incredible, with the whole ground singing. In other games it's a bit flat. The NSL2 offers the chance to take the atmosphere up another level in the big games and on the more flat games will give everything a boost.

SSL1 is the most atmospheric part of the stadium (by some distance).

It’s also the highest demand for tickets.

Fans want ‘atmosphere’. If the club went all out for NSL2 as an atmospheric section then there would be ‘few’ (rather than ‘no’) excuses. But they’re not, so fans will vote with their feet.

I'm in SS level 2 and honestly, sometimes when we're singing, I think, aren't they singing down there? We just can't hear you. And you probably can't hear us. It's just the acoustics of that end. I don't much want to relocate, to be honest. I like the lads around me (that's valuable) and the view from the seat is just perfect. But if there's a big singing section in the north, I'd think about it. It'd certainly be much handier for getting the tram back into town. I nearly always walk it.
Now, the price of the season card is another problem, admittedly. I'll keep my powder dry on that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.