North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

I'm in SS level 2 and honestly, sometimes when we're singing, I think, aren't they singing down there? We just can't hear you. And you probably can't hear us. It's just the acoustics of that end. I don't much want to relocate, to be honest. I like the lads around me (that's valuable) and the view from the seat is just perfect. But if there's a big singing section in the north, I'd think about it. It'd certainly be much handier for getting the tram back into town. I nearly always walk it.
Now, the price of the season card is another problem, admittedly. I'll keep my powder dry on that one.
At least we can all agree that pricing is the main sticking point here.

I intend to move to NS2 from SS1 as long as the price matches my current ST seat, I am prepared to pay a little bit more, just have to wait and see.

Will 1894 be pushing to make SSL3 all safe standing?

Since people signed up to a tier with seating, there were be thousands in there who don't want to stand.

I think there's why there is a push for a bigger safe standing section in the north stand expansion because it will stop future upheaval than if they were to go with seats as a starting point.

The club seem reluctant to move people about too much unless it's for new premium or corporate seats.

Will 1894 be pushing to make SSL3 all safe standing?
We have asked the club to review the standing situation in SSL3. We haven't formed an official stance on whether the entirety of L3 should be rail seating or just sections towards the back (where persistent standing is more prevalent currently).
The main purpose is to improve safety and a secondary benefit is improving the atmosphere.

We have asked the club to review the standing situation in SSL3. We haven't formed an official stance on whether the entirety of L3 should be rail seating or just sections towards the back (where persistent standing is more prevalent currently).
The main purpose is to improve safety and a secondary benefit is improving the atmosphere.
Most people stand from row M back in the 2 blocks near the away fans anyway

It won't happen mate.
There's a good chance that 'some' rail seating will be introduced into Level 3 (similar to the rail seating in the away section of Level 3).
The Stadium Safety Advisory Group + Local Council will want to ensure the stadium is safe, and as there is persistent standing they will pressure the club to introduce rail seating up there.

I imagine that might be why the club haven't gone with more rail seats in NSL2 (because their logic is there will be 4k rails in SSL1, 3k rails in NSL2 + Xk rails in SSL3). They will want to keep the % of rail seats low (or at least on par with other clubs (like Chelsea, United, and Liverpool) as it affects ticket prices (and, by default, match-day revenue).

A scenario that 'could' happen is the club opened NSL2 with say, 5k rail seats. Then the SSAG + LC force them to add 3k in SSL3. The club has 12k rail seats which they can't justify selling for as much as normal seats.

There's a good chance that 'some' rail seating will be introduced into Level 3 (similar to the rail seating in the away section of Level 3).
The Stadium Safety Advisory Group + Local Council will want to ensure the stadium is safe, and as there is persistent standing they will pressure the club to introduce rail seating up there.

I imagine that might be why the club haven't gone with more rail seats in NSL2 (because their logic is there will be 4k rails in SSL1, 3k rails in NSL2 + Xk rails in SSL3). They will want to keep the % of rail seats low (or at least on par with other clubs (like Chelsea, United, and Liverpool) as it affects ticket prices (and, by default, match-day revenue).

A scenario that 'could' happen is the club opened NSL2 with say, 5k rail seats. Then the SSAG + LC force them to add 3k in SSL3. The club has 12k rail seats which they can't justify selling for as much as normal seats.
Thanks for the replies.

Could 1894 push for all Safe Standing in SSl3 if they don’t get what they want in NSL2? It seems like a good alternative. Especially with those unhappy with the introduction of safe standing in SSL3 able to relocate more easily (given first chance) and to similar seats at the other end of the ground with the stadium expansion.

An OAP block would also be a good idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.