North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Regarding pricing for NSL2.

We know the first 10 rows of seats on NSL2 are going to be hospitality, so those seats will be priced accordingly dependent on what the hospitality offering is.

The seats directly behind hospitality and up to the singing section are going to be block priced, like they are on every stand and tier in the stadium.

The safe standing seats at the back of NSL2 might be cheaper, but there’s no guarantee of that. The current safe standing seats on SSL1 aren’t much cheaper as a rule.

These are the current seat pricing categories for SSL3, which could mirror NSL2, front, middle, and back, hospitality, normal seating, safe standing seating, with different prices on NSL3 compared to SSL3.

IMG_3278.jpeg

The club could go with a complete mish-mash of block pricing for NSL2 like they have done with ESL3(below) and CBL3.

IMG_3279.jpeg

Last edited:
I doubt there's any hope for this. More likely that fans will be encouraged to sit there more vigorously after NSL2 completed (this is all my hunch rather than based on any facts).
Fair enough. I hope it says as an unofficial standing section. The back 6 or 7 rows of ss3 would make sense as well.

This is somewhat off topic, but not if we rightly consider that the huge consideration, from the point of all blues, is atmosphere.
It's one of my bugbears, but I don't believe for one second I'm alone in it. The p.a. at the Etihad is just deafening. It is far louder than it needs to be. I have never understood why. Yes, you need to be able to hear it, but not to the point where it actually drowns out the singing of the supporters. And I have witnessed that many times. Or even just the desire to chat to your mate at half time about why/whether Kev/Doku/Phil is having a mare, and why Bernardo is playing an absolute blinder, without necessarily going down to the concourse to get a drink.
I truly wish that someone — whoever represents the supporters, 1894 or anyone else — would have a word in the ear of the suits that run the communications side of the club about this (not easy, I know). It's so simple. If we're singing, then let us create the atmosphere, and not some souped-up sub-Superbowl commentary being blasted out from the speakers. Call-and-response is fine, but not over noise that's already being made by the supporters.
There's nothing in football more moving than an entire stadium singing. Doesn't happen often at the Etihad, granted.
But the p.a. decibel level, and when the presenter intervenes, are such simple things to fix. Truly.

This is somewhat off topic, but not if we rightly consider that the huge consideration, from the point of all blues, is atmosphere.
It's one of my bugbears, but I don't believe for one second I'm alone in it. The p.a. at the Etihad is just deafening. It is far louder than it needs to be. I have never understood why. Yes, you need to be able to hear it, but not to the point where it actually drowns out the singing of the supporters. And I have witnessed that many times. Or even just the desire to chat to your mate at half time about why/whether Kev/Doku/Phil is having a mare, and why Bernardo is playing an absolute blinder, without necessarily going down to the concourse to get a drink.
I truly wish that someone — whoever represents the supporters, 1894 or anyone else — would have a word in the ear of the suits that run the communications side of the club about this (not easy, I know). It's so simple. If we're singing, then let us create the atmosphere, and not some souped-up sub-Superbowl commentary being blasted out from the speakers. Call-and-response is fine, but not over noise that's already being made by the supporters.
There's nothing in football more moving than an entire stadium singing. Doesn't happen often at the Etihad, granted.
But the p.a. decibel level, and when the presenter intervenes, are such simple things to fix. Truly.
The piped in chanting at the end of the Arsenal game must NEVER be heard again. I was close to leaving the trophy ceremony at the West Ham game when they were playing the pre recorded fans chanting songs. It’s embarrassing.

The piped in chanting at the end of the Arsenal game must NEVER be heard again. I was close to leaving the trophy ceremony at the West Ham game when they were playing the pre recorded fans chanting songs. It’s embarrassing.

Did they really do that?! I can scarcely credit it. That is beyond cringe.

I simply cannot believe that the people who decide to do these things are, or ever have been, football supporters. They may work for a football club, but they know nothing about what being a supporter is.

Did they really do that?! I can scarcely credit it. That is beyond cringe.

I simply cannot believe that the people who decide to do these things are, or ever have been, football supporters. They may work for a football club, but they know nothing about what being a supporter is.
Most annoying thing is that they don't want to listen to supporters when they try to advise them. I'm guessing arrogance is a real problem with some of these matchday decision makers

A very important point that is often overlooked regarding the number of SCs we have is that it is a state secret. No-one outside of the senior club management has this information, not even CM reps.

You often see 40k bandied about on here but that is just a figure people have seen in the media over the years. Whatever the number is it will be far lower than pre COVID as essentially no non renewals have been offered since. First year none, second a small number of Silvers which the club has now allowed to be upgraded to Gold and this summer 600 Flexis. So 'if' it was around 40k (which I doubt) then it is thousands less now.

What I think will probably happen when the expanded NS opens is that a number of new SCs (almost certainly Flexi-Gold) will be announced but non-renewals and relocations into the NS won't be offered to new members. Overall I'd expect that the number will be roughly the same as it is now, whatever that number may be. My guess is it will be closer to 30k than 40k.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.