North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

Am I the only one who feels 5/6k extra ‘seats’ would still sell out if only safe standing was on offer?

I genuinely think a 5/6k standing section in the north stand would become one of the most popular areas in the ground.

Like even if it wasn’t an official ‘end’, the demand for tickets would see season tickets or just one off tickets sell out for a bigger safe standing section for most league games.

I’m more into the mindset of build it and they will come in this regard rather count roughly how many people want to stand and have them fit into this specific section or making it slightly bigger depending on the numbers.

If Harry and Jane come over from the US to watch City, they aren’t going to say no if the only 2 tickets available are two safe standing spaces in the north stand.

I don’t think there’s anything to lose by having more safe standing anyway.

Last edited:
The problem with 1894 is that one minute they want to be taken seriously as a group representing supporters with lengthy ‘official statements’, the next they are posting Goldbridge style snide comments about City on their social media.

Surely if you want to be taken seriously by City they need to show they are professional and represent their members.

I’ve no idea how the group is organised but it was summed up by their social media post slagging off the Noel Gallagher 4th kit on release day as shit. Why any grown man would be arsed about a kit that would be worn once in a marketing campaign linked to the biggest ever band reunion ticket sale is head scratching to me - yet whoever controls the Twitter site for 1894 wrote a snide post on launch day that it’s shit.

Was that the official line from 1894 or the sole voice of whichever kid was controlling the 1894 Twitter page that day ?

I’ve no interest in defending City as I’m sure they ain’t interested in any consultation and will do what they want, but if 1894 had any ideas of being partners with the decision makers at City on what to do with the new £300m investment i would imagine they need to show they represent their members and are not some loose cannon posting the first thing that comes into their head.
I honestly can’t believe there wasn’t more of a storm about the 4th kit shambles.

We we Manchester City. We play in Blue. We should not be playing in a white kit at home!

It was a marketing stunt by the club to make even more money at the expense of our traditions and culture.

The issue is if we let little things slip (like wearing white rather than blue for a one off game), the bigger things become more likely. Hard stance early on can negate that.

I honestly can’t believe there wasn’t more of a storm about the 4th kit shambles.

We we Manchester City. We play in Blue. We should not be playing in a white kit at home!

It was a marketing stunt by the club to make even more money at the expense of our traditions and culture.

The issue is if we let little things slip (like wearing white rather than blue for a one off game), the bigger things become more likely. Hard stance early on can negate that.
Haven't come across anyone that was that bothered about a one off not wearing the home kit.

FFS I've just read the 1894 statment on this. This is about engagement and influence, not writing a whole impossible list of demands and backing yourselves into a corner like Teresa May because they can't be granted.

Piss poor negotation, especially as you'd already been granted the number one objective: "Anchor Tenants".
There are things that can be granted very easily! What is impossible in that list?

- release a pricing policy
- consult with existing season card holders in North Stand
- commit to X number of season tickets (and give choice between flexigold or normal)
- move the GA+ seats from front and centre (we gave a few suggestions as to how the could do this).

They’re all easily achievable. If the club truly wants the North Stand to be an atmospheric home end, they can do more.

Reactions: jrb
Haven't come across anyone that was that bothered about a one off not wearing the home kit.
I came across plenty.

In isolation it is a small thing. But how would you feel if the club turned round and said from next season our home kit will be white?

Surely you see the point I’m making? We don’t want a snowballing issue.

More or less than the light shows?

I've just resigned myself that we will now do this weird sort of stuff forever now.
More, the light shows are one thing but wearing away colours at a home game for nothing more than marketing purposes is just wrong.

Was equally pissed off when we did it V Boro.

There are things that can be granted very easily! What is impossible in that list?

- release a pricing policy
- consult with existing season card holders in North Stand
- commit to X number of season tickets (and give choice between flexigold or normal)
- move the GA+ seats from front and centre (we gave a few suggestions as to how the could do this).

They’re all easily achievable. If the club truly wants the North Stand to be an atmospheric home end, they can do more.
It's too early and too much to start demanding all that. Decisions won't have even been made yet. If you'd kept those requirements looser - "affordable seating", "Consult with existing season ticket holders" etc you'd still be at the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.