North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

It's too early and too much to start demanding all that. Decisions won't have even been made yet. If you'd kept those requirements looser - "affordable seating", "Consult with existing season ticket holders" etc you'd still be at the table.
I disagree Dave. It's not too early. It's probably too late if anything! The decisions HAVE been made.

More or less than the light shows?

I've just resigned myself that we will now do this weird sort of stuff forever now.
That apathy leads to more 'weird stuff' further down the line though.

I know 1894 can be seen as constantly combative, but we're looking at the bigger picture, trying to ensure our traditions aren't eroded away. Without someone kicking up a storm, City fans collectively would be in a much worse position!

More or less than the light shows?

I've just resigned myself that we will now do this weird sort of stuff forever now.
A lot of people like the light show, especially younger fans,they won't think it's weird. Whether more like it than don't who knows. Football isn't the same as when I was young in the 70s and 80s times change. I 'm sure when I went as a teenager in the 70s old fans moaned about the modern game.

I disagree Dave. It's not too early. It's probably too late if anything! The decisions HAVE been made.
Some will have been made but others won't. Take up the option of being "Anchor Tenants" and the hardest work is done. The rest can be discussed from there. There's a win/win here if it is sought out properly - this could be a bog boost to 1894. The club want this to make money but I think they realise that a passionate ground brings in commercial revenue in itself.

Some will have been made but others won't. Take up the option of being "Anchor Tenants" and the hardest work is done. The rest can be discussed from there. There's a win/win here if it is sought out properly - this could be a bog boost to 1894. The club want this to make money but I think they realise that a passionate ground brings in commercial revenue in itself.
I imagine the toilets in the expanded NS will be far better than the basic as fuck ones we have in SS3 but I don't think they will be a game changer as far as 1894 are concerned.

We would need our membership to buy into it (something I genuinely don't think they'll do with the plans the club currently has - we need full plans to be released).

Just to emphasise the point I'm making, look at this image:

1727873574466.png

It's not perfect, so forgive my quick attempt.

The yellow section is the rail seats/standing.

The purple section is hospitality.

You cannot call that an 'atmospheric North Stand - it absolutely isn't.

What we were hoping for was for rail seats to reach atleast where the orange line was. This would change the narrative entirely. The club saying they can (not will) add more rail seats in isn't enough of a commitment for us to push fans to relocate.

This initial update from the club should be enough evidence to support my argument that City themselves do not see the North Stand as 'an atmospheric home end' (which means other concessions that we need to ensure it is a success might be overlooked). It's a stand with rail seats in (and a family stand, and hospitality, and prayer rooms, and sky walks, and restaurants, and hotels).

We would need our membership to buy into it (something I genuinely don't think they'll do with the plans the club currently has - we need full plans to be released).

View attachment 133635

What we were hoping for was for rail seats to reach atleast where the orange line was. This would change the narrative entirely. The club saying they can (not will) add more rail seats in isn't enough of a commitment for us to push fans to relocate.

This initial update from the club should be enough evidence to support my argument that City themselves do not see the North Stand as 'an atmospheric home end' (which means other concessions that we need to ensure it is a success might be overlooked). It's a stand with rail seats in (and a family stand, and hospitality, and prayer rooms, and sky walks, and restaurants, and hotels).
They consulated the fans first and the approach they've taken is based on their input. City said if there's demand for rail seating in the future then they'll expand it. Sounds like a pragmatic approach to me and some people will moan at anything.

View attachment 133635

So if you were hoping for the orange line 8000 isn't a red line, the premium seats aren't a red line.So why say it is,you don't seem to be undertanding the meaning of red lines in the 1894 statement..Work with the club say you will take most of the 3000 and persuade them you can work with fans to get to 4/5000 approaching your orange line.Don't talk about red lines and maybe in years to come as those seats in front of those 4 maybe 5 000 standing will stand and join in whats happening behind them forcing the club to expand the safe standing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.