North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

How do you bring in more rail seats when fans will have bought seats and there will be nowhere for them to move to?

Something that doesn't get mentioned is that SS3 generates a really good atmosphere (on a par with SS1 I'd say) with no safe standing in the home section and no obvious organisation.

The expanded NS L2 should be even better as it's one huge section (we can't see or hear anything below in SS3 unless you are on the front few rows) plus it will have rail seating. If 8000 additional seats with at least 3000 standing can't generate noise then it's time to forget about atmosphere really.

Do you think the better atmosphere is linked to cheaper seats and regular match goers?

Do you think the better atmosphere is linked to cheaper seats and regular match goers?
Of course it is. Mid and rear sections are the cheapest in the stadium whilst the front section is the same as SS1.

Hopefully the new NS will be mainly relocations and regular match goers who will be offered SCs/Flexi-Golds (looks like it will be the latter). That should generate at least the sort of noise that SS3 does.

Does it matter could it ever be guaranteed, not really , there will be some non City fans in the ground spread around, not enough to matter though. I’d have thought a large amount probably the majority of City fans have been to watch other teams when on holiday or whatever it’s fairly normal behaviour for football fans.
Agreed, but if you’re building an end designed with atmosphere in mind you want to keep “football tourists” out of there. GA+ and corporate areas attract none supporters more than other areas of the stadium.
I bet you don’t find many none Dortmund supporters in the yellow wall for instance.

The gentrification of the Etihad is being carried on with this new stand I’m afraid.

Agreed, but if you’re building an end designed with atmosphere in mind you want to keep “football tourists” out of there. GA+ and corporate areas attract none supporters more than other areas of the stadium.
I bet you don’t find many none Dortmund supporters in the yellow wall for instance.

The gentrification of the Etihad is being carried on with this new stand I’m afraid.
I wouldn’t know myself but I’m sure I‘ve read in here the Dortmund yellow wall has loads of so called tourists going in it. Besides how do you distinguish between one of these ‘tourists’ and a match day ticket buyer that’s been going to odd games for 50 years or more? It’s a stand of 12000 even if there are a few hundred of these tourists in there I’m sure the other 10 /11000 won’t be too inhibited by them.
One more point I’ve been to many games when what look like tourists join in far more than some season ticket holders.

Something that doesn't get mentioned is that SS3 generates a really good atmosphere (on a par with SS1 I'd say) with no safe standing in the home section and no obvious organisation.

The expanded NS L2 should be even better as it's one huge section (we can't see or hear anything below in SS3 unless you are on the front few rows) plus it will have rail seating. If 8000 additional seats with at least 3000 standing can't generate noise then it's time to forget about atmosphere really.
thats because of the price. Lots of people moved from 110/111 and the rest of the south stand to ss3. Cheaper tickets usually mean the loudest part of the ground. It gives younger people in particular the opportunity to get tickets as well, who often help to create a better atmosphere.

I wouldn’t know myself but I’m sure I‘ve read in here the Dortmund yellow wall has loads of so called tourists going in it. Besides how do you distinguish between one of these ‘tourists’ and a match day ticket buyer that’s been going to odd games for 50 years or more? It’s a stand of 12000 even if there are a few hundred of these tourists in there I’m sure the other 10 /11000 won’t be too inhibited by them.
One more point I’ve been to many games when what look like tourists join in far more than some season ticket holders.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on this. If you target 1894, other season ticket holders who wish to be part of an atmosphere end, offer match day members with a recent history of attending lots of matches a season ticket in there, double the rail seating and take out the GA+ section, you’ll get a stand packed with genuine blues and you’ll get your atmosphere. Unfortunately the club aren’t interested in that. It appears the original proposals didn’t have provision for any safe standing, read into that what you will.

When the North Stand was first announced I think a lot of us hoped it was going to be transformative for the atmosphere. It’s looking increasingly likely that unfortunately isn’t going to be the case.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this. If you target 1894, other season ticket holders who wish to be part of an atmosphere end, offer match day members with a recent history of attending lots of matches a season ticket in there, double the rail seating and take out the GA+ section, you’ll get a stand packed with genuine blues and you’ll get your atmosphere. Unfortunately the club aren’t interested in that. It appears the original proposals didn’t have provision for any safe standing, read into that what you will.

When the North Stand was first announced I think a lot of us hoped it was going to be transformative for the atmosphere. It’s looking increasingly likely that unfortunately isn’t going to be the case.
I can't agree with that.

People who are sitting (whether on padded seats or not) are equally, if not more so, genuine blues who would be more than happy to hep join in the atmosphere. I'm not quite quite sure where this fallacy that only people who wish to stand are genuine blues and create an atmosphere comes from but it is nonsense of course.

Market the stand as an atmosphere end and, regardless of whether you wish to sit or stand, it will work.

The Dortmund Ultras are located in the lower middle section of the Yellow Wall.

The article is a good short read with some great pictures you scroll across to see.

IMG_3300.jpeg

I can't agree with that.

People who are sitting (whether on padded seats or not) are equally, if not more so, genuine blues who would be more than happy to hep join in the atmosphere. I'm not quite quite sure where this fallacy that only people who wish to stand are genuine blues and create an atmosphere comes from but it is nonsense of course.

Market the stand as an atmosphere end and, regardless of whether you wish to sit or stand, it will work.
I haven’t once suggested that people who don’t wish to stand aren’t genuine blues. It doesn’t matter whether you wish to sit, stand, if you are old, young, male or female, if you’re a blue you’re a blue. I’m simply saying that standing areas do create a better atmosphere, I don’t think that’s a controversial statement, our away ends are always stood and they create some of the best atmosphere’s in the country.

GA+ and corporate areas are where you’re most likely to find none City fans and football tourists who have got their hands on tickets, if you’re looking to create a stand for atmosphere you would make it as difficult as possible for these people to get in there. You only have to look above some of the displays 1894 have done pre match to see all the empties in the corporate section in SSL2, it takes away from the effect, the atmosphere, everything.

The club are seemingly going in a different direction to what a lot of us hoped with regards to this stand. That’s their prerogative, I’ll continue to disagree with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.