North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

I was thinking more along the lines of the stand being a dedicated atmosphere stand why it’s a good video.

We can’t be building this and it not be a dedicated atmosphere stand:

View attachment 134036

You can’t build something like this and it not be for atmosphere. Like the bloke on the Yank video said, ‘the big aspect of it is the 100% safe standing’ ‘yes, it had to be safe standing no matter what’.

I genuinely think NSL2 has to be safe standing no matter what. How can a stand that looks like that not be?

The whole of the rest of the stadium can go ga+/hospitality/corporate for me, but we simply can’t build a tier that looks like that and it not be a dedicated safe standing atmosphere stand.

To not make it so is probably the stupidest idea anyone could come up with.
Not everyone wants to stand and those people can create just as much atmosphere as someone stood up.

Is there any proof that 3000 or more singers want to move there?

I have never said ‘3000 singers’ want to move to the North stand.

What I have said, and I’m confident of this, is that more than 3000 fans and more will want to move to the safe standing section on NSL2.

What I have also said is that there needs to be a proper singing section on NSL2, in the middle of the 3000 safe standing seats.
Do 1894 have any numbers ?

For and Against - South Stand & new North Stand - Atmosphere

South Stand - Against

1. Split over 3 levels
  2. No cohesion between the different levels.
  3. Tier 1 is too small and low rake.
  4. Sound deadening overhang at the rear of tier 1.
  5. Not a `proper`,complete end by any definition.
  6. Tiers 2 and 3 have to be given to away fans for cup matches.
  7. Overall, the design really does not work for atmosphere.
  8. Credit where credit is due to 1894 however despite good efforts there is scope for it to be better.
South Stand - For
  1. Visible displays. There have been some good ones. The counter to this is that the amount of time, effort and cost of displays is disproportionate and overall does not contribute to match atmosphere once the game has started.
  2. Some fans are settled and like level 1 viewing.
  3. So called `banter` with away fans but this does not contribute to atmosphere.
  4. New party type feel and facilities on the level 1 concourse are liked but perhaps if less energy was spent out of sight and in the bars then there would be more chance of creating atmosphere when the game was actually being played.
North Stand - For
  1. One complete home end.
  2. New, wrap round design, better acoustics, visually impressive and dominant.
  3. 3000 guaranteed rail seats with more to be added
  4. Maximum sound can be generated.
  5. Probably will be cheaper seats towards the rear of the North Stand compared with South Stand tier 1.
  6. Fans in existing tiers 1 and 2, are not impacted.
  7. In the overall scheme, 600 GA+ seats have no impact on atmosphere generated by 3000 plus more stood further behind.
  8. An opportunity to be welcomed, not missed and maximised.
North Stand- Against

Can someone please advise ?

Surely you should be looking to encourage like minded fans to relocate, instead of being negative ? I know cost comes into it and more detail is required.
How can 1894 encourage the fans when there’s no information to encourage the fans with from the club, bar 3000 rail seats.

It’s not up to 1894 to encourage the fans to relocate to the new North stand, it’s up to the club to encourage the fans.

As you say, until the club release further details, the fans won’t make a decision either way about moving to the new North stand or not.

Maybe City do have a North stand information release date already planned, with all the information, seating plans, season ticket types and prices, the fans need to know?

It really wouldn’t surprise me if City only made those details public when the new season tickets go on sale for next season, giving the fans little choice but to make a snap decision on whether to relocate to the North stand or not.

Last edited:
How can 1894 encourage the fans when there’s no information to encourage the fans with from the club, bar 3000 rail seats.

It’s not up to 1894 to encourage the fans to relocate to the new North stand, it’s up to the club to encourage the fans.

As you say, until the club release further details, the fans won’t make a decision either way about moving to the new North stand or not.

Maybe City do have a North stand information release date already planed, with all the information, seating plans, season ticket types and prices, the fans need to know?

It really wouldn’t surprise me if City only made those details public when the new season tickets go on sale for next season, giving the fans little choice but to make a snap decision on whether to relocate to the North stand or not.
Ticket Prices in new North Stand Rail Seats - if they are less or the same as current South Stand level 1 prices, would 1894 relocate?

The club has set out its broad intentions for the North Stand and the further, huge investment it has committed to.

What exactly, jrb, Manchester 33 and any other who comments on here from an 1894 perspective, do you want in order to make a decision or give a strong indication of your /1894 intentions?

Bear in mind very few people in life get everything they want and there has to be balance and compromise.

Not everyone wants to stand and those people can create just as much atmosphere as someone stood up.
There are plenty of seated areas in the stadium to sit down. For me you could convert all of the rest of the stadium to be all seated to make NSL2 all safe standing.

Look at it, it is the only area in the ground that needs to be all standing.

And they can, but they don’t, I can’t think of anywhere in world football where those seated make as much noise as those stood up in a ground.

Last edited:
Ticket Prices in new North Stand Rail Seats - if they are less or the same as current South Stand level 1 prices, would 1894 relocate?

The club has set out its broad intentions for the North Stand and the further, huge investment it has committed to.

What exactly, jrb, Manchester 33 and any other who comments on here from an 1894 perspective, do you want in order to make a decision or give a strong indication of your /1894 intentions?

Bear in mind very few people in life get everything they want and there has to be balance and compromise.

It’s up to the wider 1894 fan base and the City match going fan base to make up their own minds whether they want to move to the North stand or not. In reality that has nothing to do with 1894. It’s an individual choice and decision.

The fans need as much information from the club as they can to make a decision. As of yet the club hasn’t made that information available to the fans. The club has stated the North stand will be open ‘during the 2025/26 season’, so there is still plenty of time for the information to be made available to the fans.

I can only speak for myself. Which I’ve already done. With the current limited North stand information released by the club, and what I know from the PA, from this thread, and from the construction thread, I won’t be moving to the new North stand. That isn’t an 1894 choice, it’s my choice as an individual.

PS.

Season ticket prices, rail seat prices, match day ticket prices. We don’t know what they are going to be. So atm it’s nothing more than speculation. You can’t make a decision via speculation.

Last edited:
Seeing as we're having Breakout Spaces and a Prayer Room, how about catering for Kippax veterans? Basically, a turnstile enabling you to turn up, pissed, at ten to three and pay on the door.
I used to use the Junior turnstile to get into the Kippax until I was about 19 (along with loads of other overage supporters). It only stopped when they put a copper on the entrance to the turnstile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.