North Stand expansion - seating, ticketing etc

For the record, 1894 do help start off tons of new songs. Including one for Phil Foden (which was the soundtrack to the Summer Euros so fans obviously think it’s good).

I’d also ask what your idea of an atmosphere group entails? If it’s Ultras style drum and repetitive noises - it won’t be welcomed by City fans. The majority of fans want a traditional British atmosphere.
Even at Wembley for the Gundo Cup Final when most of the noise came from the Upper Tier, the songs often started in the 1894 Singing Section. 1894 do a cracking job trying to raise the atmosphere (as well as displays) when often it must feel like flogging a dead horse.

Not bollocks...its facts !!

I'm not bitter in the slightest.

I support 1894, and have done since their inception.

However I try to be objective....."City's goin down with a billion in the bank" is not funny or clever, its bloody pathetic.

'If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had'....a piss poor atmosphere.

Finally, I'm very happy up in the lively atmospheric area of CBL3.

Bollocks to you !!
That's just your opinion. Nothing wrong with the billion in the bank song and that's my opinion.

Block 114/115 incumbents were plugging the Made Of Stone song as early as 2017 before it finally started taking off at away games in the past year so you're chatting utter garbage, and that's just one example. There's also the Fleetwood Mac Everywhere song - not started by 1894 or in SS1 but had plenty of airings in there down the years before finally getting going properly at away games. Oh, and 1894 don't go around telling everyone in that block what they should or shouldn't be singing either - what gets sung comes from the fans themselves and if there's a song you don't like, tough shit. That's life. There are some songs that I'm not particularly keen on either, but rather than pontificate on here about it I still join in with them if they're being sung.

Last edited:
The Phil Foden song was started by England fans and adopted by 1894/City fans.

It's notable that 1894 are the 'atmosphere boys' at the Etihad, but imo our atmosphere is 100% better at away games.

If this was an end of term school report it would include " must concentrate on the basics and try much harder "

"One F in Foden,
There's only one F in Foden,
One F in Foden,
There's only one F in Foden"
The first line absolutely isn't true. It was started by City fans. We were singing it last season, England fans picked it up before the Euros.

Of course atmosphere is better at away games. I'm not sure the point you're trying to make? Loads of the people in 1894 and block 115 are the same people generating the noise in away ends (often by singing the same songs that you find 'pathetic').

I appreciate you want the atmosphere to improve (so do I). However, I feel like I'm doing my bit. The onus is on people sitting comfortably in CBL3 (and other areas of the ground) to match the noise fans consistently show in SSL1.

Our issue isn't song choice (though it can help), it's the culture fans have in 3 stands. They'd prefer to sit comfortably with a Bovril and their blankets on and wouldn't dare shout or sing at risk of upsetting the tourist taking a selfie next to them. That wouldn't change if we had ultras/drums - it would just mean we have a different type of shit atmosphere in the lesser games (everyone still silent apart from one guy smashing the life out of a drum and 3 of his mates shouting ole ole ole for 90 mins).

How does everyone feel about this? CityMatters posting on their social media account that City only plan to sell FlexiGold seasoncards going forward?

What this means is that any fan trying to get a new seasoncard would have to pay £150 on top of what existing SC holders pay for the same product. Price rise by stealth?

Surely giving fans the choice of whether FG works for them or not, ahead of new seasoncards becoming available as part of the North Stand development, is the best option if the club truly wants to offer 'flexibility'?

Our issue isn't song choice (though it can help), it's the culture fans have in 3 stands. They'd prefer to sit comfortably with a Bovril and their blankets on and wouldn't dare shout or sing at risk of upsetting the tourist taking a selfie next to them. That wouldn't change if we had ultras/drums - it would just mean we have a different type of shit atmosphere in the lesser games (everyone still silent apart from one guy smashing the life out of a drum and 3 of his mates shouting ole ole ole for 90 mins).
I'm in 232 and want to join in from the other end of the stadium, however I hear 114/115 singing one song, Kippax Corner Singing another, SS3 Singing another, 117/118 singing another.

It just sounds like a big mess of noise, and whilst many try to join in it's completely impossible at times.

This is why relocating singers to the North Stand is an absolute must

I'm in 232 and want to join in from the other end of the stadium, however I hear 114/115 singing one song, Kippax Corner Singing another, SS3 Singing another, 117/118 singing another.

It just sounds like a big mess of noise, and whilst many try to join in it's completely impossible at times.

Unfortunately the current plans the club have released will not encourage enough of the singers to relocate there. I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't convince me personally (or anyone I've spoken to in 115).

At worst it will create another pocket of singers singing something different again!

Unfortunately the current plans the club have released will not encourage enough of the singers to relocate there. I hope I'm wrong, but it wouldn't convince me personally (or anyone I've spoken to in 115).

At worst it will create another pocket of singers singing something different again!

Bit like the Spice Girls you mean ?

100%...and making SS2 & 3 all City.

Relocate away fansdown to to ESL1/SSL1 round the corner flag.

Put City fans in the most atmospheric locations and away fans in the least.

Two Atmospheric home ends are better than one.

I'm at a loss to understand why people are not behind this.

There's plenty of singers around the ground who want to relocate to a singing section, but it's impossible to get into any of them currently.

If the price is right, I think plenty will move to the new North Stand, doesn't really matter if a few hundred people in 114 want to stay and drool over the away fans all season, we'll be surprised at how many singers we actually have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.