North Stand Expansion

If the roof is anything like Evertons new stadium then that will be insulation for keeping sound out (rain etc) and probably a foil layer underneath to keep the crowd noise in
Let’s hope it doesn’t leak like the Old Trafford roof and spew gallons of rain on those sitting below!

The stand itself should open fully for 25/26 season.

The rest, i.e hotel, office and the square and everything onto it, in stages for the following season.
Feels very tight for the stand to me. Would we open with very little boh just to get the seats in use? Possibly a tough one for the club i reckon..

Feels very tight for the stand to me. Would we open with very little boh just to get the seats in use? Possibly a tough one for the club i reckon..

Hence they should be chucking every waking hour they can and man power through the summer to get ahead mate? Use the better weather and really push it on while it’s at least dry and not windy before autumn and winter come? Not like the money isn’t there!

That's why I usually say the stand itself, not entirely sure the extent of that. At one point I remember thinking it was the seating, toilets and escapes, but not all the bar and vip areas. But that could be something that has stuck, I haven’t looked in a while. And granted things may have changed too.

I really hope the club have the foresight to document the lifting out of the pier (or the final piece of the pier depending on how they do it). A real piece of history to record.

Chances are CP will catch some stage of one of them, but even for themselves and for future exhibitions etc, it is imo a worthwhile moment to capture.
Do the club put anything out about it? If they let me know what’s happening when then I will gladly do it
Everton / Llang O Rourke have realised the drone YouTubers are a positive thing, in a couple of weeks they have invited some of us on a tour of there new stadium so we know exactly what’s going on and can take footage of what’s going on inside.
If anyone from Sisk / City would like to offer the same then that would be appreciated

Do the club put anything out about it? If they let me know what’s happening when then I will gladly do it
Everton / Llang O Rourke have realised the drone YouTubers are a positive thing, in a couple of weeks they have invited some of us on a tour of there new stadium so we know exactly what’s going on and can take footage of what’s going on inside.
If anyone from Sisk / City would like to offer the same then that would be appreciated

Have you tried approaching either of them? Contractors usually have a site board near entrances with the relevant site agent contact details etc, as a courtesy. Or if not the PR departments of both. They get contacted by all sorts, and I know at least a few that had photographers reach out to them. Some got invited out at key stages, some didn't. All depends on if they think the exposure and perception is worth it I guess. There was an amateur photographer on a site that ran a fairly low key blog, that ended up comissioned to do the website pictures of the finished thing out of it.

What I would like to see is to open up the canal at the end of the running track.
There is a triangular section of water that could be opened up as a basin where boats can be moored.
Perhaps have some speedboat shuttles from town.
I don’t mean an 150hp outboard. Just something quicker that the narrow boats.
Would be great way to get to the game

Sadly City don't bother. So far. They've done one press release a few months ago. Getting information and updates on the North stand construction out to City fans in the UK and around the world has been down to the posters on BM, the picture takers, and of course the drone flyers like yourself. There are numerous things the club could to do to keep City fans updated on the North stand construction. One could a fans webinar Q&A session with Sisk and the club. Another is a YouTube video of of the construction site at ground level with somebody from Sisk explaining what is going on

Last edited:
Hence they should be chucking every waking hour they can and man power through the summer to get ahead mate? Use the better weather and really push it on while it’s at least dry and not windy before autumn and winter come? Not like the money isn’t there!
Last Sunday evening, on the way to Co-op Live, around 6pm, there was lots going on, plant in action and something making a right racket. No experience in construction personally, but that seemed unusual to me. As you say, they must be going "balls out" for the close season.

Have you tried approaching either of them? Contractors usually have a site board near entrances with the relevant site agent contact details etc, as a courtesy. Or if not the PR departments of both. They get contacted by all sorts, and I know at least a few that had photographers reach out to them. Some got invited out at key stages, some didn't. All depends on if they think the exposure and perception is worth it I guess. There was an amateur photographer on a site that ran a fairly low key blog, that ended up comissioned to do the website pictures of the finished thing out of it.
I contact every single club/stadium that I fly over which at the moment is around 50 different ones and I have one reply which was Bristol Rovers who’s owner then shared my video on his twitter. The Llang o rourke contact came out of the blue as they have there own drone pilot and are allowing us to put the tour of the new stadium on YouTube, we will be the first people outside of LOR or Everton who have been allowed to do that.
I will try Sisk, you never know

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.