North Stand Expansion

It's gone, the head of that pier, like a tooth, they've managed to pull it out of there! I honestly still can't see what's holding that pier at that angle, now that the top tension is gone. I can't seem to spot it touching the tower anywhere, and it feels counterintuitive all that is weighted on that bottom connection. Anyone any thoughts?

It's gone, the head of that pier, like a tooth, they've managed to pull it out of there! I honestly still can't see what's holding that pier at that angle, now that the top tension is gone. I can't seem to spot it touching the tower anywhere, and it feels counterintuitive all that is weighted on that bottom connection. Anyone any thoughts?
Another image I found. Still bolted at the base and strapped around the central section.

Attachments

• IMG_7306.jpeg
    IMG_7306.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 95
View attachment 123295

How they then brace the pier after that, is the other issue. There seems to be scope to prop it in the locations in green, possibly. And the only way out after that seems diagonally out and up.

View attachment 123296

Really intriguing one to watch.

Another image I found. Still bolted at the base and strapped around the central section.

Good spot on those straps in the centre. Makes me think back to when I pointed to that as a potential logical location above.

Still feels light to me though, must be touching somewhere else closer to the top, maybe we juat cant see it where it is so dense.

1000019853.jpg

That standalone steel frame there. Looks the right size, possibly shape, for the frame for the facade mockup. Sensible location for it too. Definitely keep an eye on that.

1000014071.jpg

Either that or some havily engineered new advertising board.

View attachment 124484

That standalone steel frame there. Looks the right size, possibly shape, for the frame for the facade mockup. Sensible location for it too. Definitely keep an eye on that.

View attachment 124485

Either that or some havily engineered new advertising board.

Definitely looks like the mock-up. Looks like the grey cladding is there as well, propped up against the hoardings to the left of the steel frame?

I took a screen grab, cropped and enlarged the picture on my iPad. As per the picture quality suffers.

I finish working tomorrow afternoon early, so I’ll shoot over to the Etihad to get some pictures.

Thankfully the steel mock-up frame and grey cladding is right opposite the gate, shadow of the gate on the floor, so getting clear pictures will be easy. :-)

IMG_1735.jpeg

As an example.

The cladding mock-up at the Lumina development in Trafford Park.

IMG_1686.jpeg

Definitely looks like the mock-up. Looks like the grey cladding is there as well, propped up against the hoardings to the left of the steel frame?

I took a screen grab, cropped and enlarged the picture on my iPad. As per the picture quality suffers.

I finish working tomorrow afternoon early, so I’ll shoot over to the Etihad to get some pictures.

Thankfully the steel mock-up frame and grey cladding is right opposite the gate, shadow of the gate on the floor, so getting clear pictures will be easy. :-)

View attachment 124488

Yeah that grey could be the horizontal band, looks a similar colour. Hard to tell feom so far. Which is what I have always maintained is the main issue with it, for me, and what will make or break it.

I would think it will take a dew days to assemble it all on the frame.

Close enough to a public route but still within the site, to the edge of the main build is where these are best located. That way they can bring clients planners etc to them, but not have to drag them through the working part of the site.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.