North Stand Expansion

Palace have got more of a nucleus of singers than we have, and that’s saying something.

I find it strange that anyone would criticise singers, regrdless if they are normal fans, ultras, or are in a singing section. Songs have to start somewhere, regrdless of where that is in the stand or which group of fans starts the the songs off.

At least with Palace they have a proper and organised singing section with anywhere between 50-100 singers ‘all stood together in the centre of the lower tier’. Compare that to our singing section, which isn’t really a singing section, as 115 is full of fans who do sing, sing every now and again, don’t sing at all, and moan at 1894 members for doing displays, as well as being spread out all over 115 and across SSL1.

There has never been the opportunity to get all the singers together in SSL1 as the seats are either season ticket seats or match day ticket sales. NSL2 gives us the last genuine opportunity to create a proper singing section in one area of NSL2 where all the singers can congregate and stand next to each other.
I agree, we should get the lads who go to away games in the same section at home games.
As for palace, it’s orchestrated crap mate. It’s the same in Europe with Swiss and German teams. I think an authentic reaction to what’s happening on the pitch is the City way. When it’s good it can’t be beat.

I agree, we should get the lads who go to away games in the same section at home games.
As for palace, it’s orchestrated crap mate. It’s the same in Europe with Swiss and German teams. I think an authentic reaction to what’s happening on the pitch is the City way. When it’s good it can’t be beat.

You can call it orchestrated.

I see it as a group of lads who stand together, sing constantly (orchestrated?), want to get the other Palace fans singing, and want to create an atmosphere.

I won't lie. I'd love SSL1 to sing constantly throughout the match, even during the quiet periods of the game when City are passing the ball to death sideways and backwards.

I want our fantastic away support, which is one of the best in the PL and in English football, replicated at the Etihad

You can call it orchestrated.

I see it as a group of lads who stand together, sing constantly (orchestrated?), want to get the other Palace fans singing, and want to create an atmosphere.

I won't lie. I'd love SSL1 to sing constantly throughout the match, even during the quiet periods of the game when City are passing the ball to death sideways and backwards.

I want our fantastic away support, which is one of the best in the PL and in English football, replicated at the Etihad
Serious question. If our current designated singing section don't sing constantly during matches, why is it expected to be any different by moving them to NSL2, where there will not be any "banter" with away fans etc.
I'm currently season ticket in NSL1 with my lads (19 and 17) and we purposely are not in cup schemes so we can relocate to SSL1.

Serious question. If our current designated singing section don't sing constantly during matches, why is it expected to be any different by moving them to NSL2, where there will not be any "banter" with away fans etc.
I'm currently season ticket in NSL1 with my lads (19 and 17) and we purposely are not in cup schemes so we can relocate to SSL1.

The new North stand will apparently have a new and novel pricing structure rewarding fans with lower season ticket prices based on the decibels they omit during each game on an individual basis and fining fans for leaving before the full time whistle.

Palace have got more of a nucleus of singers than we have, and that’s saying something.

I find it strange that anyone would criticise singers, regrdless if they are normal fans, *ultras, or are in a singing section. Songs have to start somewhere, regrdless of where that is in the stand or which group of fans starts the the songs off.

At least with Palace they have a proper and organised singing section with anywhere between 50-100 singers ‘all stood together in the centre of the lower tier’. Compare that to our singing section, which isn’t really a singing section, as 115 is full of fans who do sing, sing every now and again, don’t sing at all, and moan at 1894 members for doing displays, as well as being spread out all over 115 and across SSL1.

There has never been the opportunity to get all the singers together in SSL1 as the seats are either season ticket seats or match day ticket sales. NSL2 gives us the last genuine opportunity to create a proper singing section in one area of NSL2 where all the singers can congregate and stand next to each other.
*Probably the most cringeworthy sayings that's associated with football.

As I’ve pointed out, even though 115 is the official singing section, it isn’t really a proper singing section. I’ve explained why.

If the fans can get a proper singing section from scratch on NSL2 filled with fans who ‘want to relocate there because they want to sing and to create an atmosphere’ in the new NSL2 home end, that has the makings of a proper and genuine singing section.

For that to happen the club have to be onboard and have to set aside a block or blocks on NSL2 for singers only. The club has to work with fans groups and the fans to create a proper singing section on NSL2.

It irks me to say this somewhat, but United and their fans have worked together over a long period of time and have created a genuine and proper singing section above the players tunnel at Old Trafford. United are now taking out a block of executive seating in the centre of the Stretford End to create another safe standing singing section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.