North Stand Expansion

As I’ve pointed out, even though 115 is the official singing section, it isn’t really a proper singing section. I’ve explained why.

If the fans can get a proper singing section from scratch on NSL2 filled with fans who ‘want to relocate there because they want to sing and to create an atmosphere’ in the new NSL2 home end, that has the makings of a proper and genuine singing section.

For that to happen the club have to be onboard and have to set aside a block or blocks on NSL2 for singers only. The club has to work with fans groups and the fans to create a proper singing section on NSL2.

It irks me to say this somewhat, but United and their fans have worked together over a long period of time and have created a genuine and proper singing section above the players tunnel at Old Trafford. United are now taking out a block of executive seating in the centre of the Stretford End to create another safe standing singing section.
But the atmosphere from United fans has been dire in the recent Old Trafford derbies I have attended. I am not saying singing sections are a bad idea but Old Trafford has only got quieter in recent seasons when I have been there. Of course the team being shite doesn't help. The noisiest grounds I have been at with City recently were Spurs (the Cup match), Newcastle, Wolves, Brentford, and even Sheffield United. Forest and Leicester are decent as well. Most other stadiums are worse than the Etihad.

As I’ve pointed out, even though 115 is the official singing section, it isn’t really a proper singing section. I’ve explained why.

If the fans can get a proper singing section from scratch on NSL2 filled with fans who ‘want to relocate there because they want to sing and to create an atmosphere’ in the new NSL2 home end, that has the makings of a proper and genuine singing section.

For that to happen the club have to be onboard and have to set aside a block or blocks on NSL2 for singers only. The club has to work with fans groups and the fans to create a proper singing section on NSL2.

It irks me to say this somewhat, but United and their fans have worked together over a long period of time and have created a genuine and proper singing section above the players tunnel at Old Trafford. United are now taking out a block of executive seating in the centre of the Stretford End to create another safe standing singing section.
Will that safe standing be located underneath the water fall ?

But the atmosphere from United fans has been dire in the recent Old Trafford derbies I have attended. I am not saying singing sections are a bad idea but Old Trafford has only got quieter in recent seasons when I have been there. Of course the team being shite doesn't help. The noisiest grounds I have been at with City recently were Spurs (the Cup match), Newcastle, Wolves, Brentford, and even Sheffield United. Forest and Leicester are decent as well. Most other stadiums are worse than the Etihad.
That’s because City battered United. :-) Having watched the Rags on tv last season, and considering how shit the United team was, as you say, the atmosphere has improved at Old Trafford, led by the singing section.

Best get off the subject of United. Sorry.

Last edited:
The new North stand will apparently have a new and novel pricing structure rewarding fans with lower season ticket prices based on the decibels they omit during each game on an individual basis and fining fans for leaving before the full time whistle.

Maybe not the most popular take, but I'd rather see instances of all round stadium noise at key moments, than pockets and limited sections singing/making noise the whole game. On many many occasions we have seen sudden amplified noise and a change in atmosphere give players a lift, spur them on, wobble opponents, etc. Where as, for example watching German teams, people banging drums and singing all game long just becomes part of the background and blends away into nothing. Good atmosphere for the fans on a day out maybe. No use to the team imo.

And that is one of the reasons I am not that worried about the 648, or where the singers go etc, in the north stand. Because the extra 8000 additional seats will imo generate noise when it matters most.

Now if you excuse me, I have a CPoverview video to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.