North Stand Expansion

758be6ccba38f1eac2c7ba9c86578d76.jpg

That’s how I’d imagine it. No idea of that would work and also, the support for the new roof would have to be built around the spirals. Most likely too complex and maybe not worth it for the added amount of seats.
lets fill this one first

Would it be easier to dig down? Improve the rake of the lower tier and get closer to the pitch. Isn’t it approx 1,000 seats per row in that lower tier? Also pitch side hoardings will all be AI soon. No need to to have the huge monstrosities we currently have.

Would it be easier to dig down? Improve the rake of the lower tier and get closer to the pitch. Isn’t it approx 1,000 seats per row in that lower tier? Also pitch side hoardings will all be AI soon. No need to to have the huge monstrosities we currently have.

They did that a few years ago but scrapped the front rows again to allow the double row of advertising screens. The tiers still exist so the seats could be put back in place if desired.

That’s how I’d imagine it. No idea of that would work and also, the support for the new roof would have to be built around the spirals. Most likely too complex and maybe not worth it for the added amount of seats.

Important thoughts -

A) Where does the new roof go?

B) That’s a relatively small addition to the tier considering the likely costs.

Important thoughts -

A) Where does the new roof go?

B) That’s a relatively small addition to the tier considering the likely costs.

A . Below the current cable net, that’s why it’s such a steep angle. It therefore wouldn’t interfere with any of the existing support structure.
B. I did say that. It may not be worth the investment for circa 30% increase to the third tier.

Ultimately, doing both sides a once, eliminating the cablenet and including the corners may be the only viable solution. Most likely many years away though.

Interestingly, they could extend back with the third tiers of the east & west stands without removing the towers. There’s quite a bit of space. If you assume that they’d only go back as for as the supports, it would be far less complex than the North & South stand builds (I think ).
82cf1c05c04e5b8fc816b8d2681db3b5.jpg
We won't need to expand the sides. If/when we get demoted to the Vanarama League, we'll only be opening tier 1 of the Colin Bell stand on matchdays. All the JCLs will have disappeared back to Stamford Bridge faster than shit off a shovel.

#guiltyasfuck

;-)

I don't think the sightlines would work from the back of an extended 3rd tier, that would mean a new roof that would be above the cable net which makes the cable net redundant. If (and it's a big if) the E & W sides were extended, they would enclose the spirals entirely I think.

I did some crayoning a few years ago on potential max capacity with all stands extended and I got to about 75,000 or so (I need to go find it) - there are 'building lines' for the back of the South Stand that could be followed round behind the east and west stands - though all of this before the owners screwed around with the whole stadium symmetry to get the lobster claws, hotel and skybar in though :-(

I did some crayoning a few years ago on potential max capacity with all stands extended and I got to about 75,000 or so (I need to go find it) - there are 'building lines' for the back of the South Stand that could be followed round behind the east and west stands - though all of this before the owners screwed around with the whole stadium symmetry to get the lobster claws, hotel and skybar in though :-(
Were these yours?

E&W.jpg

Wu634He.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.