North Stand Expansion

thanks for the summary.
Really hope the club listens to you in regards to your vision above and the commitments section.

(although personally I'm afraid no.6 will remain as it is... but I could live with it IF the rest goes according to your plans)
Fingers crossed they do listen. We'll keep pushing for it anyway.

I think 6 is an interesting one. We understand the club needs to see a return on investment, but there are options available:

1—Place them in an area of the stadium other than the designated singing section (e.g., ESL2/CBL2).
2—Spread the same number of corporate seats out so they are not bunched together, and regular fans are mixed in, which dilutes the impact.
3 - Offer upgrade access to the bar to everyone in NSL2 regardless of their seat. So you pay for bar access but your ticket is a normal ticket.

Fingers crossed they do listen. We'll keep pushing for it anyway.

I think 6 is an interesting one. We understand the club needs to see a return on investment, but there are options available:

1—Place them in an area of the stadium other than the designated singing section (e.g., ESL2/CBL2).
2—Spread the same number of corporate seats out so they are not bunched together, and regular fans are mixed in, which dilutes the impact.
3 - Offer upgrade access to the bar to everyone in NSL2 regardless of their seat. So you pay for bar access but your ticket is a normal ticket.

They’re building this premium bar so we have to be mindful that they won’t ditch the concept entirely and I think these are good alternative options for its use.

The 93:20 seats are on the side for example despite the bar being in the south stand, so option 1 is viable and has precedent.

3 would be a good option especially as it could be a tick box addition for season card holders and for match day buyers as well.

One scenario for me is to have all tier 2 safe standing and have the front bit with the bar access sold as ‘premium safe standing’. You get a great view and the extra bar but you’re in a designated standing area…

…However, I was thinking the other day that making the whole NS tier tier 2 safe standing would mean they’d have to do the corners as well so that views aren’t obstructed. That could be a sticking point as it means potentially moving more people if they don’t want to be in a standing area.

They’re building this premium bar so we have to be mindful that they won’t ditch the concept entirely and I think these are good alternative options for its use.

The 93:20 seats are on the side for example despite the bar being in the south stand, so option 1 is viable and has precedent.

3 would be a good option especially as it could be a tick box addition for season card holders and for match day buyers as well.

One scenario for me is to have all tier 2 safe standing and have the front bit with the bar access sold as ‘premium safe standing’. You get a great view and the extra bar but you’re in a designated standing area…

…However, I was thinking the other day that making the whole NS tier tier 2 safe standing would mean they’d have to do the corners as well so that views aren’t obstructed. That could be a sticking point as it means potentially moving more people if they don’t want to be in a standing area.
You've made some great points.

You're right about the obstructed views. If there is safe standing in NSL2 it would have to start from the back and come forward.

You've made some great points.

You're right about the obstructed views. If there is safe standing in NSL2 it would have to start from the back and come forward.

I’m thinking more if it was all safe standing.

If people were standing in the front blocks it would mean people in the corners couldn’t see if they were sat down which would mean those corner blocks would have to be made standing as well.

IMG_0760.jpeg
SSL1 also covers the corners partly for this reason.
IMG_0761.jpeg
The original artist impression also highlights these blocks with the same ‘crowd’ as the whole tier…
IMG_6508.png

I’m torn on the fans calling the club out to be honest as I completely understand us wanting a home end, blue wall etc but also the club wanting it to be financially viable and successful and making it a fan experience in that area just under level two ( I think? ) we are living the dream with our owner and what they are building is truly magnificent so I’m sure it doesn’t sit right with them either that this unique design needs to be 100% approved by the fans only? I’m definitely not looking to antagonize with this post either by the way but just because they are wealthy not everything can be decided by what fans want? This build will go past £300m as projects always do and the CO OP arena for the CFG part would be £200m ish? The investment into the club is monumental let alone if we go and spend £200-300m on new players this summer and wages etc. Ticket prices would be worth fighting about more than this imo but it could have been maybe discussed more behind closed doors before a public post has been made? Especially by our own main fan group who by the way do an amazing job every season of creating displays etc!

I am not torn. How can anyone be 'torn', with nothing to go on?

Mostly, I have not seen one comment by anyone associated with 1894, that reads like they are willing to listen. Or be open minded to what the club have to say. Which in turn makes them difficult to seem like their statementns can be trusted.

It all reads like they made up their mind over a year ago, have stucknwith that and only that, and maybe the club have given them nothing at all to change that, but I don't think they want to change it anyway.

So it becomes easy to point the finger at the club and make big claims, but I honestly can not tell how much truth is in that, if any at all. Till the club come out with sonething at least.

Either way I think their call for a wider consultation is a great idea and I support that.

Have a 'proper' consultation, for a proper home end with proper atmosphere.

Mostly, I have not seen one comment by anyone associated with 1894, that reads like they are willing to listen. Or be open minded to what the club have to say. Which in turn makes them difficult to seem like their statementns can be trusted.

It all reads like they made up their mind over a year ago, have stucknwith that and only that, and maybe the club have given them nothing at all to change that, but I don't think they want to change it anyway.

So it becomes easy to point the finger at the club and make big claims, but I honestly can not tell how much truth is in that, if any at all. Till the club come out with sonething at least.

Either way I think their call for a wider consultation is a great idea and I support that.

They had a meeting with the club a few weeks back and were made aware of the current plans.

I’m not sure what ‘open minded’ means in this situation as quite clearly the best course of action is to push back so we don’t end up with the exact tier 2 we have now, plus premium seats, and then the expansion which would just become another general area.

On the contrary.

When people don’t know what’s going on in the background they shouldn’t judge or surmise.

One sides preference is revenue. The other sides preference is atmosphere.

One side will ultimately win, they were always going to win. But it’s what they offer, if anything at all?

Without knowing, do I feel optimistic, no I don’t.

Last edited:
On the contrary.

When people don’t know what’s going on in the background they shouldn’t judge or surmise.

Once side will ultimately win, they were always going to win. But it’s what they offer, if anything at all?

We need revenue but not at the expense of an atmosphere, CFG has done amazing with most of the projects they have done but the stadium lacks an atmosphere and needs an atmosphere to become the 12th man.

1894 is spot on with their information and well done at @Manchester33 for his post with the breakdown.

Why are these nameless execs at City being allowed to overrule what the chairman, Pep and the vast majority of fans want an atmospheric home end?

You just need to see our Champions League final to see what the atmospheric home end can do and the Euros just now where the fans have been amazing with their atmosphere

On the contrary.

One side will ultimately win, they were always going to win. But it’s what they offer, if anything at all?

I would be inclined to believe that, if, that wasnt the unwavering stance from day one.

I'm sorry, but all I see so far is a crusade for the sake of one. Whether it has any any merit, or raison d'etre, can't know. I can only go off what they say though.

They had a meeting with the club a few weeks back and were made aware of the current plans.

I’m not sure what ‘open minded’ means in this situation as quite clearly the best course of action is to push back so we don’t end up with the exact tier 2 we have now, plus premium seats, and then the expansion which would just become another general area.

Yes, the meeting they couldn't talk about, after a survey that 'yielded' exactly what they started out claiming, and arguing, that is now being turned into a 'fans vs club' division.

I'm sorry. I don't like it one bit. And I feel there is nothing bad in saying that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.