North Stand Expansion

Again this atmosphere thing, we have something like 40K plus season tickets, one of the largest in the country, I would take a bet that a vast majority of those don't sing during the game, what are you going to do with those fans?

And if your talking of creating atmosphere like in German games, well that's an utter crock, nothing worse than forced and fake atmosphere.

A vast majority of the new seats will be for regular fans and the rest will be corporate, and thus I am not sure what the issue is.

8K extra seats will create atmosphere but it's what happens on the pitch that does that.
Most English grounds have a poor atmosphere,it’s nothing to do with the design,it’s the fans mentality,a lot of European clubs fans are vocal all game,

Not true, there are about 40,000 season ticket holders most long time holders, most of the other match day fans have been going for many years. If there is a lack of atmosphere, and I don’t think there is, its down to the 45,000 old fans not the couple of thousand so called ‘tourists’ many of whom join in anyway. Sometimes more than some miserable older S/C holders that moan and leave early.
One tier or a big second tier really make no difference.
I don’t agree with this. I think it will make a big difference. 7,000 people all stood up in one area.

In our current standing section we have a few blocks separated by away fans and we’re one of the only clubs without a home end. This will put large amounts of people into one standing area.

ss3 has made a difference and is now the loudest section of the ground in my view. Pricing and the size of the stand being two factors contributing to that.

Last edited:
It's just a stand with seats , those who sit in it will either join in with songs , chants ect or won't just the same as the other 3 stands
I agree people might not sing or join in, but having 7,000 fans in one area and stood up would be completely unique and help to create an atmosphere. We’d have a much better chance with that arrangement than what we have now - a few blocks separated by away fans.

The club themselves have built the stand specifically with atmosphere in mind. If it makes no difference we May as well just build a third tier or fill it with corporate seats

I don’t agree with this. I think it will make a big difference. 7,000 people all stood up in one area.

In our current standing section we have a few blocks separated by away fans and we’re one of the only clubs without a home end. This will put large amounts of people into one standing area.

ss3 has made a difference and is now the loudest section of the ground in my view. Pricing and the size of the stand being two factors contributing to that.
There will be 6000 in the second tier and about 3000 in the bottom tier (I think). If that's what was wanted both tiers could be standing, which would be little difference to all 9000 in a single tier. Plus making it 1 tier was impractical.Don''t think being 2 tiers changes what's possible.

Absolutely spot on, apart from when you say 'fans'* because to me they have an agenda against anything the owners/club try to do.

*Always looking for something to moan about.
Give me a break lol.

We have surveyed THOUSANDS of City fans and based our 'agenda' on their views. Why would any City fan be against that?

If you don't like 1894, fine... we aren't trying to please everyone. We have a membership structure and act on behalf of their views. Anyone can become a member. It's free.

If 1894 weren't 'moaning' who would be? Do you think City fans shouldn't have any voice and should accept everything the club decides despite its impact on us? Are you a bootlicker?

It's just a stand with seats , those who sit in it will either join in with songs , chants ect or won't just the same as the other 3 stands
That's absolutely not true...

Why is South Stand level 1 louder than Colin Bell level 3 (despite the latter having a higher allocation of supporters).

There are tons of things the club can do to encourage the right type of fans, who are more likely to generate an atmosphere, into an atmospheric home end if that's what they want to do.

Most English grounds have a poor atmosphere,it’s nothing to do with the design,it’s the fans mentality,a lot of European clubs fans are vocal all game,
Absolutely this. There have been many games over the years where the Etihad has been absolutely bouncing and the atmosphere superb. It's all about the fans and what they do, not the angle of the roof or whether the singing section is sat by the away fans or not.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.