North Stand Expansion

I would be inclined to believe that, if, that wasnt the unwavering stance from day one.

I'm sorry, but all I see so far is a crusade for the sake of one. Whether it has any any merit, or raison d'etre, can't know. I can only go off what they say though.

Yes, the meeting they couldn't talk about, after a survey that 'yielded' exactly what they started out claiming, and arguing, that is now being turned into a 'fans vs club' division.

I'm sorry. I don't like it one bit. And I feel there is nothing bad in saying that.
Absolutely spot on, apart from when you say 'fans'* because to me they have an agenda against anything the owners/club try to do.

*Always looking for something to moan about.

On the contrary.

When people don’t know what’s going on in the background they shouldn’t judge or surmise.

One sides preference is revenue. The other sides preference is atmosphere.

One side will ultimately win, they were always going to win. But it’s what they offer, if anything at all?

Without knowing, do I feel optimistic, no I don’t.

All people seem to do, is judge and surmise. Without knowing the background. And dismiss any alternative take.

A), it is not true that one 'side' wants just revenue, and the other wants atmosphere. That is utter horseshit. The club have repeatedly stated they want atmosphere. They wouldn't be building the damn thing, in the format they are, if they wanted just revenue.

B) the other 'side' have a very singular and limited view on what atmosphere is. It consists of a limited number of catchy phrases that ultimately seem to result in nothing than one big circlejerk of us vs them.

C) I don't think there are 'sides' to it at all. It is not a buffet! And I find arguing such quite bizarre.

Bottom line, I struggle trusting a lack of balance. And so far, till 1894 and others arguing this show even a hint of it, I am going to say what I think. Just as every other person here seels to , with their namelseas execs, sides, tunnel clubs in the kop, etc.

Nobody has talked about the meetings.

Not 1894.
Not City Matters.
Not the OSC.
Not….?

There is an NDA from the club for everyone involved in the meetsings.

Only 1894 have canvassed the fans opinions on what they would want for the North stand. I stand corrected on that

I have yet to read or see anything from the OSC which has 20,000 City members over 300 branches, it might be more now, regarding the North stand, and what their members want for the North stand, unless I have missed it?

How can people comment when they don’t know what is being discussed at the meetings between the club and the fan representatives? For all we know the discussions could be amicable with all parties putting their views, opinions, and ideas forward in a transparent, honest, and constructive manner.

Instead of pointing the finger at certain fan groups and accusing them of……, let’s wait and see what the outcome of the meetings are when the club makes a public statement about the North stand to ‘all City fans’.

I’ll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Nobody has talked about the meetings.

Not 1894.
Not City Matters.
Not the OSC.
Not….?

There is an NDA from the club for everyone involved in the discussions.

Only 1894 have canvassed the fans opinions on what they would want for the North stand. I stand corrected on that

I have yet to read or see anything from the OSC which has 20,000 City members over 300 branches, it might be more now, regarding the North stand, and what their members want for the North stand, unless I have missed it?

How can people comment when they don’t know what is being discussed at the meetings between the club and the fan representatives? For all we know the discussions could be amicable with all parties putting their views, opinions, and ideas forward in a transparent, honest, and constructive manner.

Instead of pointing the finger at certain fan groups and accusing them of……, let’s wait and see what the outcome of the meetings are when the club makes a public statement about the North stand to ‘all City fans’.

I’ll leave it at that.

The 1894 have clearly, twice now, insunuated innuendo that the meetings did not go to their liking.

That's exactly my point btw, because the club have said nothing so far, all anyone can go off what 1894 say.

And I am clear in that my comments are based on what they say and how they say it.

Maybe the club stance will confirm exactly what they say, maybe it will show that actually is them that are quite narrow about this.

Personally would have loved it if the club could done something similar to Spurs' one tiered end.
Atmosphere bar the big games has been pretty shite for a few years now. With success comes fans who are more bothered about having a photograph with the ground behind them rather than the old school fans (many priced out) who could get the ground rocking. It's modern day football unfortunately.
Away games are so much better for the whole atmosphere/day.

Personally would have loved it if the club could done something similar to Spurs' one tiered end.
Atmosphere bar the big games has been pretty shite for a few years now. With success comes fans who are more bothered about having a photograph with the ground behind them rather than the old school fans (many priced out) who could get the ground rocking. It's modern day football unfortunately.
Not true, there are about 40,000 season ticket holders most long time holders, most of the other match day fans have been going for many years. If there is a lack of atmosphere, and I don’t think there is, its down to the 45,000 old fans not the couple of thousand so called ‘tourists’ many of whom join in anyway. Sometimes more than some miserable older S/C holders that moan and leave early.
One tier or a big second tier really make no difference.

the old school fans (many priced out) who could get the ground rocking. It's modern day football unfortunately.

Which is it? Aren’t “old school fans” the only ones who can get an away ticket these days? My bro has been an SC holder forever and has traveled the world on away days, but STILL gets blocked out on some games!

Everyone has an opinion, often highly personalized, on fans, tickets, atmosphere, and now what the new North Stand should be.

Personally, I think the club knows EXACTLY what they want and is seeking input from these groups to say they did it. If these groups do manage to get any of their wishes granted, one can be assured what they got was either already planned or only a very slight tweak from the club’s original plans.

The whole installation has already been planned and approved, so apart from who can sit where, what are we really talking about?

Security plans, current SC holders, the stadium construction are all already in place, so how can it be more than marginal tweaks that have significant overlap with the club’s original vision?

On the contrary.

When people don’t know what’s going on in the background they shouldn’t judge or surmise.

One sides preference is revenue. The other sides preference is atmosphere.

One side will ultimately win, they were always going to win. But it’s what they offer, if anything at all?

Without knowing, do I feel optimistic, no I don’t.
Again this atmosphere thing, we have something like 40K plus season tickets, one of the largest in the country, I would take a bet that a vast majority of those don't sing during the game, what are you going to do with those fans?

And if your talking of creating atmosphere like in German games, well that's an utter crock, nothing worse than forced and fake atmosphere.

A vast majority of the new seats will be for regular fans and the rest will be corporate, and thus I am not sure what the issue is.

8K extra seats will create atmosphere but it's what happens on the pitch that does that.

Last edited:
Again this atmosphere thing, we have something like 40l plus season tickets, one of the largest in the country, I would take a bet that a vast majority of those don't sing during the game, what are you going to do with those fans?

And if your talking of creating atmosphere like in German games, well that an utter crock, nothing worse than forces and fake atmosphere.

A vast majority of the new seats will be for regular fans and the rest will be corporate, and thus I am not sure what the issue is.

8K extra seats will create atmosphere but it's what happens on the pitch that does that.
Agree with this, where I am in SL1 most around me only open their mouths when something happens on the pitch and neither am I slagging them off for it, it's just how most people behave.

Again this atmosphere thing, we have something like 40K plus season tickets, one of the largest in the country, I would take a bet that a vast majority of those don't sing during the game, what are you going to do with those fans?

And if your talking of creating atmosphere like in German games, well that's an utter crock, nothing worse than forced and fake atmosphere.

Which is why I don't buy into this stance, that it has to be 1,2, and 3, and only that is what will make it work. And anything more or less is a complete failure. And a deliberatre ploy.

I think it can work in many ways, with or without padding, with or without families, day trippers, 5% corporate, etc.

Prices will always be an issue and that is what all groups should always be challenging and I am all for it. The rest, I am open to seeing what the club have in mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.