North Stand Expansion

With ticket sales as in demand as they are at the minute, I wonder what the future plans are for the Etihad are within the next 10/15 years? It seems like our fanbase is going through a rapid rise due to recent success. A few more years of successful seasons and 61000 won’t be enough. Extending the side stands would be a monumental project, fuck knows how they’d do it, perhaps it wouldn’t make much financial sense, but we need to remember who our owner is and how himself and Khaldoon have been disrespected over the years. I think 10000 could be added to each side stand, taking it to 80000, perhaps a bit less.

With ticket sales as in demand as they are at the minute, I wonder what the future plans are for the Etihad are within the next 10/15 years? It seems like our fanbase is going through a rapid rise due to recent success. A few more years of successful seasons and 61000 won’t be enough. Extending the side stands would be a monumental project, fuck knows how they’d do it, perhaps it wouldn’t make much financial sense, but we need to remember who our owner is and how himself and Khaldoon have been disrespected over the years. I think 10000 could be added to each side stand, taking it to 80000, perhaps a bit less.

I was thinking before how a 10 year old who saw Aguero score vs QPR in 2012 will now be 22.

The kids of today will know nothing but City success and when they’re older many will want to attend games.

There are going to be thousands more people wanting to attend games over the next decade. We’ve barely even scratched the surface with the current batches coming through.

I was thinking before how a 10 year old who saw Aguero score vs QPR in 2012 will now be 22.

The kids of today will know nothing but City success and when they’re older many will want to attend games.

There are going to be thousands more people wanting to attend games over the next decade. We’ve barely even scratched the surface with the current batches coming through.
United went through the same in the 90’s. They kept having to extend Old Trafford to keep up with demands. They could sell out more than 74000 now, the demand there for them just like it is for City. Mad really, it was only 10 years we used to worry about selling out the south stand extension, there was plenty of empty seats around the Etihad for a few years after it was built. Once you acquire Pep and leave him to work his magic for a few years you attract the next generation. Khaldoons and Mansours masterplan has worked, but I can’t see them stopping. Imagine an 80000 Etihad!

United went through the same in the 90’s. They kept having to extend Old Trafford to keep up with demands. They could sell out more than 74000 now, the demand there for them just like it is for City. Mad really, it was only 10 years we used to worry about selling out the south stand extension, there was plenty of empty seats around the Etihad for a few years after it was built. Once you acquire Pep and leave him to work his magic for a few years you attract the next generation. Khaldoons and Mansours masterplan has worked, but I can’t see them stopping. Imagine an 80000 Etihad!

League games after the expansion were mostly sold out but we definitely struggled to sell out cup games.

Some thought that just because we were successful that suddenly there would be 70k queuing to get in but it doesn’t work like that. It takes years of success to get the truly big numbers coming through and we’re reaching a boiling point with the next generation of blues coming of age.

I was thinking that. it maybe because it’s filmed after 5pm when everyone has gone home. saying that, even in ‘peak’ times there are never anymore then 10-20 people working at anyone time.
Have you not heard the news... we've been relegated to the Northern premier.

Will the back row of the completed NS L2 be at the same height as the back row of the existing SS L3?

I'd imagine it would, so apologies in advance for the low tech (dumb) nature of the question.

My evening walk invariably takes me past the Etihad and the back rows of the NS look so far away from the pitch.

Will the back row of the completed NS L2 be at the same height as the back row of the existing SS L3?

I'd imagine it would, so apologies in advance for the low tech (dumb) nature of the question.

My evening walk invariably takes me past the Etihad and the back rows of the NS look so far away from the pitch.

IMG_6591.png
Comparison of both designs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.