North Stand Expansion

Arsenal thinking of expanding the Emptyrates.

Interesting read about the Emirates roof and how it can be removed so an additional tier or additional seating can be added, if the Emirates is expanded.

The biggest PL clubs seem to be in a scramble to increase their stadium capacities.

The Premier League football club’s co-chair Josh Kroenke told ESPN in an interview that “it would be premature to talk about any plans in depth, but the internal conversations are starting to occur about [the stadium]. It is not an easy renovation, but we see the possibilities of what’s there”.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/la...n-conversations-starting-to-occur-06-08-2024/

Last edited:
I personally wouldn't be interested in the stands being any bigger than when the North Stand is completed, meaning you would be further away from the pitch. I've been in the gods in both South Stand and Colin Bell and its the furthest I'd want to be from the action. Everyone to their own and I suppose if the tickets were a lot cheaper you could justify it, but they wouldn't be.

Arsenal thinking of expanding the Emptyrates.

Interesting read about the Emirates roof and how it can be removed so an additional tier, or additional seating can be added, if the Emirates is a expanded.

The biggest PL clubs seem to be in a scramble to increase their stadium capacities.

The Premier League football club’s co-chair Josh Kroenke told ESPN in an interview that “it would be premature to talk about any plans in depth, but the internal conversations are starting to occur about [the stadium]. It is not an easy renovation, but we see the possibilities of what’s there”.

https://www.newcivilengineer.com/la...n-conversations-starting-to-occur-06-08-2024/

There isn’t the space to do what it described in that article.

The stadium shape is carefully designed to be fit into a confined arena between rail tracks.

More likely is they look at adding extra seats within the existing structure. I’ve read before the seats are wider than most as are the gaps between rows so they could potentially remodel a bit there.

Was there any reason why, when the new Kippax was built, it wasn’t joined up with the Platt Lane and North Stand ends in the corners? In a similar way to how the Main Stand corners were filled in?
The plan, I believe was to build a whole new Maine Road, with the new all seater Kippax Stand being mirrored on all 4 sides.
Then the move to our current home materialised, no brainer.

The plan, I believe was to build a whole new Maine Road, with the new all seater Kippax Stand being mirrored on all 4 sides.
Then the move to our current home materialised, no brainer.
I think that was the plan a couple of decades earlier but it was never going to happen once the new Platt Lane had been built.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.