North Stand Expansion

Was there any reason why, when the new Kippax was built, it wasn’t joined up with the Platt Lane and North Stand ends in the corners? In a similar way to how the Main Stand corners were filled in?
I’ve asked this before, and it was because of lack of room behind the corner to do it. If you see an aerial view of Main Road you do notice that.

When the North Stand is complete, what will the new Total Capacity be, and will it be slightly higher than Anfield, Spurs and Arsenal or about the same?

Pity they couldn't find another 42 seats to make it a nice even 62k, but for all intents and purposes, it will effectively be a 62k stadium in general speak terms.

Slightly hazy recollection but I think the corner of the PL stand where it met the main stand was closed first for safety reasons even when the rest of the PL was still open.
Just remember trying to sit in it one game and finding it closed. Imagine that now!
That’s a good shout. I don’t think they removed the seating, but that corner definitely was closed for a season or two before the stand was demolished.

Was there any reason why, when the new Kippax was built, it wasn’t joined up with the Platt Lane and North Stand ends in the corners? In a similar way to how the Main Stand corners were filled in?
The Platt Lane / Kippax corner was restricted due to the close proximity of the houses In fact there was an issue with Tv signals being blocked by the stand There was a project to develop the stadium by Frank consortium and this is why the North Stand corner wasn't linked Obviously this was all superseded by the move to the CoMS

Swales was going to take the design around onto the Kippax he told me that to my face I replied in a similar vein to the above but in much less polite tones, he was shocked as he thought it was great. Mind you at an AGM when a question from the floor asked about the pillars in the main stand, he replied "what pillars"
Well there were only two....

....following the removal of the other four !!

I’ve asked this before, and it was because of lack of room behind the corner to do it. If you see an aerial view of Main Road you do notice that.
Correct. Was right up to the houses in that corner. Quite a bit of space around the rest of the ground but that corner was tight for Space

Correct. Was right up to the houses in that corner. Quite a bit of space around the rest of the ground but that corner was tight for Space
With many regrets we had to leave that lovely rough old place.

The CWG stadium was the catalyst for the Sheikhs investment.

God bless Gary Cook's vision and power point presentation.

Take on the rags and pass them in 5 years.

FUCKING REMARKABLE !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.