North Stand Expansion

I did find that odd.

It’s a while since Everton were the best supported club in Liverpool but, even so, they still have good support in their city and around the North West (my experience of places like Warrington, Wigan, Preston etc. is that there are more Everton fans there than City).

I’d have thought 60,000 would be better. Even then, eighty years ago they used to get crowds as high as 78,000.

Every club in the country should have much bigger stadiums than they do. How can a club with Liverpool’s support only have a little 62,000 stadium? City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton with little stadiums.

You’d think United and Liverpool would be in 90,000 stadiums with 75,000 for City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton.
90k is too big for a club stadium. The seats at Wembley are already at the maximum distance for a one off game for me so I think 70k should be the aim for most clubs.

Off topic.

Also posted in the stadium development thread.

Inside Everton’s new stadium.

From EFC. It’s such a shame City and Sisk don’t do similar update videos about the North stand expansion.

The new Everton stadium looks really good.
Not only do they do update videos, Laing O Rourke and Everton are in regular contact with the drone fliers, telling us timescales etc and took 6 of us on a tour of the stadium. They have even asked for various bits of footage to be used in presentations etc. They acknowledged that they couldn't stop the drone flights so may as well work with them and use them for an advantage if they could.

If we expand to fill the expanded stadium, we can expand at thge back of the corners of the 3rd tier in the East and West stands and put a new roof on.
That would be about 75k. It will take a while to get the extended half full though I think.
Expensive but not unfeasible.
The roof is slowly deteriorating and will probably need to be replaced within the next 15 years anyway.

Last edited:
I did find that odd.

It’s a while since Everton were the best supported club in Liverpool but, even so, they still have good support in their city and around the North West (my experience of places like Warrington, Wigan, Preston etc. is that there are more Everton fans there than City).

I’d have thought 60,000 would be better. Even then, eighty years ago they used to get crowds as high as 78,000.

Every club in the country should have much bigger stadiums than they do. How can a club with Liverpool’s support only have a little 62,000 stadium? City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton with little stadiums.

You’d think United and Liverpool would be in 90,000 stadiums with 75,000 for City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton.
Bigger than most other countries and better used and we have so many more clubs and competitions makes it hard to keep attendances high

EPL is back!

And the Disneyfication of the league continues, it was good to see Ipswich with The Blue Action making a noise

I saw this on the Man City Fan Support twitter page

No doubt our North Stand will be the same

1724062057409.png
Meanwhile, in Orlando the home of Disney World, they give you a cup holder for your flare and capo stand

1724063756480.png

1724063803100.png

They even have a junior section for their supporter's section
@Manchester33

Last edited:
If we expand to fill the expanded stadium, we can expand at thge back of the corners of the 3rd tier in the East and West stands and put a new roof on.
That would be about 75k. It will take a while to get the extended half full though I think.
Expensive but not unfeasible.
The roof is slowly deteriorating and will probably need to be replaced within the next 15 years anyway.
Plans and CGIs exist of the E & W stands extended up & back to encompass the spirals.

The rake is increased and the generated internal volume could create lounges,bars etc.

Capacity would increase to circa 78k.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.