North Stand Expansion

I did find that odd.

It’s a while since Everton were the best supported club in Liverpool but, even so, they still have good support in their city and around the North West (my experience of places like Warrington, Wigan, Preston etc. is that there are more Everton fans there than City).

I’d have thought 60,000 would be better. Even then, eighty years ago they used to get crowds as high as 78,000.

Every club in the country should have much bigger stadiums than they do. How can a club with Liverpool’s support only have a little 62,000 stadium? City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton with little stadiums.

You’d think United and Liverpool would be in 90,000 stadiums with 75,000 for City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton.
Villa ??? Most fickle fans in the country

Just talking to someone in work about the work at the stadium. We then got into the subject of 'who the fuck ever gave the sign off on the Gene Kelly Stand'??

How in God's name? It would get nowhere today.

Plans and CGIs exist of the E & W stands extended up & back to encompass the spirals.

The rake is increased and the generated internal volume could create lounges,bars etc.

Capacity would increase to circa 78k.

You keep saying this. But then avoid any further discussion when asked. Which is making it become hard to believe.

I understand loyal and local City fans discussing and disputing the various issues around the expansion. For me I find the brilliant fly over drone videos compelling, can we have just one more before the Ipswich game? I imagine a lot of work will be done this week to screen off the seating from the building work

EPL is back!

And the Disneyfication of the league continues, it was good to see Ipswich with The Blue Action making a noise

I saw this on the Man City Fan Support twitter page

No doubt our North Stand will be the same

View attachment 128733
Meanwhile, in Orlando the home of Disney World, they give you a cup holder for your flare and capo stand

View attachment 128738

View attachment 128740

They even have a junior section for their supporter's section
@Manchester33

Went there in June while on holiday,tickets cheap ,food and drinks extortionate,a row of big drums playing all game in the home end.quality of football pretty poor in my opinion

You keep saying this. But then avoid any further discussion when asked. Which is making it become hard to believe.
I don’t think you can write what he says off. I believe there will be plans to extend both sides, we saw drafts of the all four stands being extended a decade ago. I think it all depends on what happens after Pep leaves. If there’s a drop in performances, which is more than likely, will demand dip, stay stable or grow?

I don’t think you can write what he says off. I believe there will be plans to extend both sides, we saw drafts of the all four stands being extended a decade ago. I think it all depends on what happens after Pep leaves. If there’s a drop in performances, which is more than likely, will demand dip, stay stable or grow?

I am not writing anything off.

I am asking about the context of his claim.

I have seen three different versions myself, for example. None of them are 'real' proposals though. One was a fan made effort. Seeing some concept CGIs does not mean the club plan on doing something, or that it is in any way advanced enough to be considered realistic.

And when you avoid engaging when asked, it does start to then become a bit of a meaningless claim.

I do believe that if the club felt the need, they would go agead and find a way and expand east and west.

That does not mean there is a definitive oven ready scheme they are just sitting on.

EPL is back!

And the Disneyfication of the league continues, it was good to see Ipswich with The Blue Action making a noise

I saw this on the Man City Fan Support twitter page

No doubt our North Stand will be the same

View attachment 128733
Meanwhile, in Orlando the home of Disney World, they give you a cup holder for your flare and capo stand

View attachment 128738

View attachment 128740

They even have a junior section for their supporter's section
@Manchester33

Great sign. Nowt wrong with any of that .

I did find that odd.

It’s a while since Everton were the best supported club in Liverpool but, even so, they still have good support in their city and around the North West (my experience of places like Warrington, Wigan, Preston etc. is that there are more Everton fans there than City).

I’d have thought 60,000 would be better. Even then, eighty years ago they used to get crowds as high as 78,000.

Every club in the country should have much bigger stadiums than they do. How can a club with Liverpool’s support only have a little 62,000 stadium? City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton with little stadiums.

You’d think United and Liverpool would be in 90,000 stadiums with 75,000 for City, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Everton.
Very big in the Grizzly Risley area of Warrington

I have only been to the Swamp once, to see Genesis in 2007. My wife is 4’11” and commented that Yeovil Town’s main stand seats had more legroom. My legs were numb

I used to work with a guy who told me that on going to a new season game they discovered that the block had been reseated. The club put smaller seats in to get two extra seats on each row! He was not happy, and neither was his fat arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.