North Stand Expansion

IMHO Surface water management is the single most important thing they need to sort around the ground - given the propensity for it pi$$ing it down in Manchester you would have though that someone would have noticed the appalling giant puddling that happens all around the public areas when it rains, and started some plans to fix it with decent efficient drainage!
The puddles at the Etihad are about 80 sq feet each. Proper whoppers that create bottle necks of people before and after games where people don’t want to walk through them, and are especially bad for those pushing wheelchairs as they spray up off the wheels.

Another thing that’s annoying is the way people queue up at the food kiosks outside the ground: Northern Soul Grilled Cheese, the mini chippy and that Manny Flavas… they queue up straight out from the kiosks so they’re stood in everyone’s way who are moving around the stadium. Those people need to queue up sideways on from the kiosks so they don’t block the walkways around the stadium. I know the general public are generally a bit stupid, but surely someone working at the club has looked at these queues and thought, ‘do you know what, I’m going to tell them to queue up this way so they’re not in everyone’s way’… but no sod ever does.

Looking at the latest drone footage from @cpoverview, I was a struck by the narrow pathways between the construction site and the tram stop. That's going to cause a bit of a crush come full time I would have thought, unless the club put some traffic management in place.

This is what a good brick mock-up(Obsidian - Trinity Way) should look like.

Picture credit Salboy Ben - SSC-MCR.

DJI-0014.jpg

Looks like a linear tile more than brick. But agree, lovely stuff. Seems to be on a precast panel as well which is what has been approved at the north stand.

Pretty convinced the brick you have seen is the inner layer, so lets see what comes of the outer one.

Looking at the latest drone footage from @cpoverview, I was a struck by the narrow pathways between the construction site and the tram stop. That's going to cause a bit of a crush come full time I would have thought, unless the club put some traffic management in place.

I think they were there for most of last season while they were doing all the ground works. They’re not as narrow as they look in the video and it’s easy enough for people to move through even if it’s not as smooth as it was before. There will be a walk way under both wings of the north stand when it opens which will aid foot flow even more.

The puddles at the Etihad are about 80 sq feet each. Proper whoppers that create bottle necks of people before and after games where people don’t want to walk through them, and are especially bad for those pushing wheelchairs as they spray up off the wheels.

Another thing that’s annoying is the way people queue up at the food kiosks outside the ground: Northern Soul Grilled Cheese, the mini chippy and that Manny Flavas… they queue up straight out from the kiosks so they’re stood in everyone’s way who are moving around the stadium. Those people need to queue up sideways on from the kiosks so they don’t block the walkways around the stadium. I know the general public are generally a bit stupid, but surely someone working at the club has looked at these queues and thought, ‘do you know what, I’m going to tell them to queue up this way so they’re not in everyone’s way’… but no sod ever does.
What size Hi Viz are you ??

Crowd management, email the club buddy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.