North Stand Expansion

Was at the stadium yesterday buying new shirts (at S/T discounted prices) - 10% is worth having

Noticed that the actual North Stand Extension frame is physically connected to the existing main stadium now - there's some steelwork at a lower level joining the two parts together - would be interesting to see the cpoverview view of this (as compared to the short arse over the hoarding view I snapped - which I won't even bother to share here because it was rubbish)

With the talk of the new roof. Could it be redesigned to keep the sound in and improve the acoustics? The current roof design makes the sound just dissipate into thin air.

I actually brought this up with I think Colin Barlow when the first models of the Commonwealth Stadium was designed and on show at the Platt Lane training ground and he fobbed me off. He mentioned the air vents at the back of the stand closing in match days to keep the sound in.

With the talk of the new roof. Could it be redesigned to keep the sound in and improve the acoustics? The current roof design makes the sound just dissipate into thin air.

I actually brought this up with I think Colin Barlow when the first models of the Commonwealth Stadium was designed and on show at the Platt Lane training ground and he fobbed me off. He mentioned the air vents at the back of the stand closing in match days to keep the sound in.
There’s talk of a new roof?

Where's the new Ticket Office that used to be behind the City Square in the North Stand which is all under construction now and cordoned off I guess? It'd certainly be be very busy tomorrow ...

Where's the new Ticket Office that used to be behind the City Square in the North Stand which is all under construction now and cordoned off I guess? It'd certainly be be very busy tomorrow ...
At the entrance to the Etihad Campus behind the Colin Bell Stand

Was at the stadium yesterday buying new shirts (at S/T discounted prices) - 10% is worth having

Noticed that the actual North Stand Extension frame is physically connected to the existing main stadium now - there's some steelwork at a lower level joining the two parts together - would be interesting to see the cpoverview view of this (as compared to the short arse over the hoarding view I snapped - which I won't even bother to share here because it was rubbish)
Found these from the cpoverview video on 20/8 - hadn't noticed them before but these are what I could see at street level last night
20240820-joints.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.