North Stand Expansion

We’ve always been bad for early leavers.

Loads had left when Musampa smashed in that late winner against Liverpool in 2005, it was a full house that day.

Look at how many fans were left when Agüero smashed in his second on his debut against Swansea in injury time.

About half the crowd had gone

We’ve got to be the worst for it. I remember watching a game between Fulham and Sunderland, S’land went 1-3 up with a while to go and barely any Fulham fans seemed to leave at all, they all stayed to the final whistle.

We’ve always been bad for early leavers.

Loads had left when Musampa smashed in that late winner against Liverpool in 2005, it was a full house that day.

Look at how many fans were left when Agüero smashed in his second on his debut against Swansea in injury time.

About half the crowd had gone

We’ve got to be the worst for it. I remember watching a game between Fulham and Sunderland, S’land went 1-3 up with a while to go and barely any Fulham fans seemed to leave at all, they all stayed to the final whistle.

We’re the worst.

Maybe it’s a left over habit from years gone by where people left because they’d had enough.

Large increase in the number of arrests for anti social behaviour.

Large increase in arrests for racism.

Large increase in arrests for drug use.

Fans assaulting players on the pitch.
Arrests went down by 6% (96 people) from 2016-17 to 2017-18.

Arrests went down by a further 10% in 2018-19.

Arrests went down by a further 21% in 2019-20 (granted the figures onky went from August to March that season).

The early leavers always reminds me of Maine Road. From the Kippax in the 70’s I could never understand the long queue snaking it’s way out of the Platt Lane. The exodus seemed to start with 20 minutes to go. Those fans must have missed so many late goals, the Dave Watson winner against Ipswich always comes to mind.

The early leavers always reminds me of Maine Road. From the Kippax in the 70’s I could never understand the long queue snaking it’s way out of the Platt Lane. The exodus seemed to start with 20 minutes to go. Those fans must have missed so many late goals, the Dave Watson winner against Ipswich always comes to mind.
They would leave with the kippax singing, part time supporters. Where I use to sit in the family stand, a family of 4 use to sit to my right, every game on the 80th minute, they would be off, they would definitely have left with us 2-0 down in 2012.

A lot of good points here. The atmosphere in some of our games is terrible, I’d love it we could get that buzz back into our stadium. We probably get around 3/4 games a season what you would consider a “good” atmosphere. I don’t have a clue what the club can do to fix it, but that’s the other issue, are they even bothered?

Who ever thinks City are going to extend the north stand and reduce the ticket prices across the ground is living in a dream world. Our club that we once had is gone, but it’s balances itself out as we get to see the best players in the world play every week. The cost to expand the North Stand will be much more than the South Stand. Cost of materials are higher, City store and square will probably be moved and I’m pretty sure there was talks of upgrades to the electrical network around the etihad. I know money is no object for our owner, but it’s a big outlay of money and lowering the ticket prices isn’t going to justify it. On the other hand, if the prices stay the same, or rise again which is likely, we’d see more empty seats than ever.

I think the club will hang fire for another few years and assess all the data they’ve got from the years that have gone by since 2015 and will probably make a decision then. Extending the stadium for Euro 2028 would be a good shout, I’d also like to see a makeover of the ground as it looks older than it actually is from the outside.
Great post. Some on this thread think we will build a new stand, then keep our fingers crossed we will fill it by flogging cheap tickets to lapsed blues. Thats not gonna happen.

It’s just doesn’t stack up with current ticket demand. 6 or 7 proper sellouts a season is not sufficient demand for an extra 6000 seats.

Maybe it will make financial sense if it incorporates a hotel or a rebuilt City Square ? The Arena will open a lot of opportunities, but it doesn’t add up just as an extra 6000 seats being sold on the cheap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.