North Stand Expansion

I’ve never been into either Joe’s, so I’ll ask the question. Is there much singing and chanting going on in either Joe’s during the match?
Not sure as I'm in 93:20. What I would say is that those in Joe's who don't wish to sing and get involved in the atmosphere are likely to stay where they are. It is only those that do want to be a part of it that are likely to want to move there.

I think there would easily be 600 from Joe's/93:20 that would like to be part of developing an atmosphere while also enjoying a bit of comfort/convenience. So, I don't see a problem with it personally.

There may also be some from SS level one that are there for the atmosphere that would prefer the premium seating but haven't moved there because they want to be part of a vocal singing stand.

Just because someone wants a bit of comfort/convenience and can afford it doesn't mean they are less likely to want to get involved. I would guess that the % of those singing in the premium seating will be more or less the same as the rest of the stand.

Last edited:
Are hospitality seats not allowed to sing and go crazy when we score?

As other have quite rightly said, there is a huge difference between corporate and hospitality.

You can spin it all you want. The second tier regularly don’t sing and its clearly different from say level 1 or 3. It could also mean lots of fans will be priced out - lots of younger fans and people on lower incomes who can’t afford ss2 for instance.

You shouldn’t have to justify it. There simply shouldn’t be any corporate or hospitality at the front of a home end!

The front of a home end should arguably be the loudest and most atmospheric section. The current plans mean that’s not going to happen

So let’s recap.

Hospitality at the front of the stand.
Hospitality at the back of the stand.
A row for fans with walking difficulties behind the front hospitality section.
Safe standing mentioned as a possibility in the future. Think that related to L1 not L2.
No mention of safe standing.(unless anyone else has seen it mentioned in the planning application?)
No mention of a singing section, and no singing section shown in the planning application.
CGI’s showing flags being waved on the L1, banners hanging from L2 over the (LED) advertising boards, fans standing on L2 and on L1.
Safe standing is mentioned as an option somewhere which is why the allocation of those 600 seats to premium seating is neither here nor there, same as if you had planning for an extension at home whether your granny or your children sit in those seats is neither here nor there to planning, singing sections don't need to be in it as they are nothing to do with planning.

Honestly can’t see why 6 rows of premium seats at the front of the stand will make any difference at all to the vast majority of the 9,500 people sat in the 90? rows behind them.
It’s where it is, it’s the first thing you’ll see when you look at the stand where it’s supposed to be City’s main vocal home stand. Yet pre-game tifos would be spoilt because these areas are never full at the start of games.

6E0C6D4F-0347-47C3-9D80-703BFCBB38B8.jpeg
Imagine if you were relying on the people in hospitality at the top left of that photo to be the front of a display in the new NSL2.

9790CFC1-41D6-4201-AB37-EC2107339F25.jpeg

These hospitality areas of the stadium are the worst areas in the stadium (well the home section, haha) for empty seats. This was against a big rival in Liverpool a few weeks ago (under where it says ‘Etihad Stadium’ is the most sparsely populated home section in that stand, and it’s worse from 35-55 minutes every game because these sections empty for a long time before and after half time, and it’s worse for ‘lesser’ games too.

Plus I work with a woman who’s husband has a season ticket there^ and he says that there are always away fans in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the practical solution here is to do a hospitality tie-up with the Palace Theatre, so that only people who have been ejected for singing along to The Bodyguard are allowed to buy tickets for the hugely-offensive 600 seat bloc of seats in the new stand.

Or perhaps some self-appointed fan spokesperson can vet the fans in the hospitality section (again, 600 out of c9,000 new seats) for their singing, and arrange their seating for maximum effect. Top tenor at the front, bass towards the back, and so on. Anybody who doesn’t sing and jump up and down for 90 minutes like one of those juvenile dickheads behind the goal at Crystal Palace can forget it, frankly.

Either way I’m sure the club will be delighted to receive a load of criticism for investing another 300m pound and creating hundreds of jobs in what was, truth be told, a sadly neglected and struggling bit of Manchester. They’d doubtless be even happier if the self-appointed spokesperson starts a media campaign against the 300m investment, particularly at the current crucial stage of the season, as the media coverage would surely be both balanced in nature and an overall positive for the club and its owners.
Not sure anyone is criticising then for spending the money. Some of us just wish it was spent slightly differently.

Spend £50m on Maguire. Not criticising the spend, just how it's spent. I just happen to want the £50m spent on Haaland. Fully understand some people just like the money being spent though.

Spoke to one of my neighbours, she works for the firm that have been awarded the contract for the expansion.. Her partner is a dipper (decent lad to be fair, I play golf with him sometimes) and even he said it's "Bloody impressive"

Get a fucking grip, this thread is an absolute shit show with posters like you, Victor Meldrew is alive and well...
Shut up you insecure tart.

You never let anyone have an opinion on anything if it’s not brown nosing the club all the time, you. You’re the same in post-match threads n’all. You’re not going to get a Blue Peter badge off Pep or Soriano for always being 100% positive, you know?!

Fucking let people have an opinion. I think you need to learn the meaning of the word ‘forum’.

If people don’t put forward ideas to make things better, guess what?!, they don’t get better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.