North Stand Expansion

The more I read and see pictures shout this, the more disappointed I get.

Fragmenting NSL2 which we all wanted as a vocal stand with safe standing with hospitality and corporate areas, as well as not having safe standing, is extremely disappointing.

But so is the architecture of the whole proposal.

The hotel looks like an average 1960s office block in Hull.

View attachment 76093

City Square looks like Golden Square shopping centre in Warrington and not a space for football fans pre- and post-game.

View attachment 76094

The NSL2 tier itself looks too shallow so that by the time you’re at the back, you’ll be miles away from the pitch. It should be much steeper so you feel on top of the pitch.

View attachment 76095

I’m disappointed with this to be honest.
Get a fucking grip, this thread is an absolute shit show with posters like you, Victor Meldrew is alive and well...

Another point. Having a corporate section at the front of the 2nd tier will also provide a further buffer between the 1st and 2nd tiers. This will make it even harder for a co-ordinated atmosphere to take shape.

Plus the back half of the stand will be the cheaper seats like in SS3 which should be attractive to the generally younger, likely less affluent and probably more vocal supporters.

We don’t know that yet. There has been no mention of pricing at all.

Put it this way. How much are the hospitality seats going to be? And how much are the GA seats going to be just behind them and further back. There’s little doubt the club will introduce tiered pricing in L2, just like they’ve introduced in every tier.

While I’m eternally grateful for the investment put into the club I’m also surprised by the look of the development. It looks out of date before it’s built. For the money City are spending I wonder why they have gone with this design?
Agreed. It's not an iconic Stadium after the development. It's a functional extension to the house with some sparkle added to distract from lazy architecture.
Grateful for it but underwhelmed, although I appreciate I'm not a tourist and not going to spend loads extra on match day so I'm definitely not the target market. Club have made it clear my opinion is irrelevant

While I’m eternally grateful for the investment put into the club I’m also surprised by the look of the development. It looks out of date before it’s built. For the money City are spending I wonder why they have gone with this design?
I agree with this, for the best part. But in the grand scheme of things it is still a pretty damn impressive development. That's just part of everyday opinion and happens all the time.

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with not liking the design of something. I love having the Sheikh as the owner and that the club are investing in this way, but if we don’t like the look of the design it doesn’t even mean we’re ungrateful it just means we don’t like the design.

I know there are people who don’t like the design of the Co-op Arena whereas I think it looks dead classy, straight lines, hight quality cladding, an LED wrap that will top it off brilliantly... I think it’s going to be one of the best new buildings in Manchester, maybe #2 (Co-op already have the best new build in the country with One Angel Sq so they’re trustworthy when it comes to new builds) and will make the main stadium look out of date and cheap.

I think these stadium proposals do not meet the standards of the football club, as what I think is the best run sports club in the world, or the standards of Sheikh Mansour/Abu Dhabi when you see other things he/they have put their hands/money to.

I’m not sure who the architects are for this but I think they’ve proposed something that’s just not good enough or nice looking enough or with football fans, a football stadium or football in general in-mind. It all just has a look of an edge-of-conurbation retail development that is okay but not high quality enough.

If the hotel was near the stadium and looked like it did I don’t think I’d be overly bothered, but it’s part of the stadium and I don’t think it looks good enough.

But if this ends up going ahead and actually coming into being, I’ll just have to get used to it and there will be some people who love it.

Honestly can’t see why 6 rows of premium seats at the front of the stand will make any difference at all to the vast majority of the 9,500 people sat in the 90? rows behind them.
We'll only find out if it happens and people will have polarised views for sure.

Maybe part of my frustration though is that it's an obstacle to the atmosphere. It's an unnecessary addition. It's OK people saying it doesn't need to impact overall atmosphere but it might, and putting hospitality there won't add anything to atmosphere. Surely that's not a debatable point?

So let’s recap.

Hospitality at the front of the stand.
Hospitality at the back of the stand.
A row for fans with walking difficulties behind the front hospitality section.
Safe standing mentioned as a possibility in the future. Think that related to L1 not L2.
No mention of safe standing.(unless anyone else has seen it mentioned in the planning application?)
No mention of a singing section, and no singing section shown in the planning application.
CGI’s showing flags being waved on the L1, banners hanging from L2 over the (LED) advertising boards, fans standing on L2 and on L1.

Are hospitality seats not allowed to sing and go crazy when we score?

As other have quite rightly said, there is a huge difference between corporate and hospitality.
I think the practical solution here is to do a hospitality tie-up with the Palace Theatre, so that only people who have been ejected for singing along to The Bodyguard are allowed to buy tickets for the hugely-offensive 600 seat bloc of seats in the new stand.

Or perhaps some self-appointed fan spokesperson can vet the fans in the hospitality section (again, 600 out of c9,000 new seats) for their singing, and arrange their seating for maximum effect. Top tenor at the front, bass towards the back, and so on. Anybody who doesn’t sing and jump up and down for 90 minutes like one of those juvenile dickheads behind the goal at Crystal Palace can forget it, frankly.

Either way I’m sure the club will be delighted to receive a load of criticism for investing another 300m pound and creating hundreds of jobs in what was, truth be told, a sadly neglected and struggling bit of Manchester. They’d doubtless be even happier if the self-appointed spokesperson starts a media campaign against the 300m investment, particularly at the current crucial stage of the season, as the media coverage would surely be both balanced in nature and an overall positive for the club and its owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.