North Stand Expansion

If we developed the corners and built the Colin Bell Stand with a similar height to the new stands, we’d probably be looking at least 70k without even taking the East Stand into account.

A429260C-C9C0-47A8-9513-10723C3BE65E.jpeg

There is a lot of romance about atmosphere.

I was at Maine Road in the 70 s, all the way through till the end, yes sometimes the atmosphere was great but let's not kid ourselves, it was often dead.

There's understandably a lot of nostalgia when we talk about Maine Road. On the whole I believe it was better but I think we are over-critical about the atmosphere at the Etihad. We weren't under the microscope from others when we were battling the likes of Crewe like we are now. I don't really watch any television apart from live sport so I have a lot of live games on and think the Etihad is above average for the Premier League.

We didn't do ourselves any favours with the hospitality/corporate on level 2 in the earlier days of the new stadium. These seats being the first thing you saw on the tv cameras and they used to be VERY sparsely populated. It was impossible convincing non-City fans some games were sold out and the 'Emptyhad' jibe has stuck ever since. So I can see why some are unhappy at there being non-standard seats on the front of the new North Stand second tier.

We're all City fans and used to having a moan. We can't really do that about the team on the pitch any more so it needs to be directed elsewhere.

Last edited:
Spin? I am not spinning anything and if you think you are going to fill those seats week in week out with "singers" think again, ain't happening, the game has moved on and changed.

Tourists, casuals call it what you want but that's become modern football, I don't like it but if you want a club competing for the major titles, with elite players and management, tourists, casuals and corporate it has to be.

you’ve completely missed my point. I didn’t mention tourists or casuals or that we had to fill the stand with people who sing non stop.

I don’t think there should be corporate seating at the front of a home end. That’s a perfectly reasonable opinion to have, which is seemingly shared by most people on here.

Imagine dortmunds yellow wall with a hospitality section at the front..

Reactions: jrb
you’ve completely missed my point. I didn’t mention tourists or casuals or that we had to fill the stand with people who sing non stop.

I don’t think there should be corporate seating at the front of a home end. That’s a perfectly reasonable opinion to have, which is seemingly shared by most people on here.

Imagine dortmunds yellow wall with a hospitality section at the front..

We probably won't need the hospitality section, when we get banished out to league 2.

Add visually impaired to that list....we don’t play in red !!
manchester-city-away-authentic-shirt-2022-23-with-de-bruyne-17-printing_ss4_p-13333497+pv-1+u-rye8gr0wek8d3diqdotn+v-8b4b488810ee45539b20ca532a5fa44f.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.