North Stand Expansion

To be fair all the hospitality at the top/ back make no difference to what the NS2 becomes. The only discusion is about the front 600.

I honestly don’t have any issues or qualms about the hospitality area at the back of the stand and the restaurant and bar above it. I’ll probably do the restaurant, NSL3 seating, and the roof walk once, just to say I’ve done it and experienced it.

Thanks.

I‘ve now got a wide angle camera lens as well.

I would ask the club to let me take some update pictures from inside the ground every now and again on non match days, but after all my complaining about the proposed hospitality section at the front of L2,they would probably tell me to f*ck off! :-)
The wide angles will be perfect to get those front padded seats in shot!!

Ha! :-)

Even better, I’ve got a zoom lens that will be able to pick them out individually. 648 pictures of every padded seat. :-(
f8gsmd2hs5411.png

Playing devils advocate.

Bar what’s in the planning application we don’t know what the club has decided or has yet to decided about L2. The word ‘option’ is evident in the PA, giving the club flexibility on decisions it may still have to make. So until the club explain and clarify decisions about L2 in the future, we don’t know what the club have decided. There’s no point in asking the club to go public on those decisions because they won’t. We all know by now how City works.(that includes City Matters)

That is it mate. It is mostly a processing matter, to make sure they get approval for the numbers, uses and planning classes they need.

I.e the option to make it safe standing, or seating makes fuck all of a difference to planning. Show either and once you have approval, do what you want/need if you can agree it with the FA, as it doeant affect the approved use. The bar however is different, if you don't include it now, it is a separate application to include it later. May even be that calling it 'hospitality' makes it easier to justify to secure that class in the approval.

That is it mate. It is mostly a processing matter, to make sure they get approval for the numbers, uses and planning classes they need.

I.e the option to make it safe standing, or seating makes fuck all of a difference to planning. Show either and once you have approval, do what you want/need if you can agree it with the FA, as it doeant affect the approved use. The bar however is different, if you don't include it now, it is a separate application to include it later. May even be that calling it 'hospitality' makes it easier to justify to secure that class in the approval.

If the club ditched the hospitality bar and made the 648 seats at the front of L2 GA, 1894 could use that room as a storeroom for their flags, banners, telescopic poles, etc. In fact, keep the bar and create space for the flags, banners, telescopic poles etc as well. ;-)

If the club ditched the hospitality bar and made the 648 seats at the front of L2 GA, 1894 could use that room as a storeroom for their flags, banners, telescopic poles, etc. In fact, keep the bar and create space for the flags, banners, telescopic poles etc as well. ;-)

I know you joke, but the reality is, there is nothing to stop them doing that once they get planning for it being a bar.

And it is quite possible that they think it is easier to get a bar approved in that location, if you define it as a specific hospitality offering with limited capacity serving only a select group of premium seats, than, if you just jam a general punters bar underneath a football stand.

And if you are looking at it as analytically as you have the other drawings (full credit for picking things up there btw), the actual layout within that area does not exactly scream 'hospitality' in the way a few here are imagining it (i.e this posh exclusive feet up haeven), but is just a fairly bog standard bar layout. Albeit with direct access to an area of the stand.

I know you joke, but the reality is, there is nothing to stop them doing that once they get planning for it being a bar.

And it is quite possible that they think it is easier to get a bar approved in that location, if you define it as a specific hospitality offering with limited capacity serving only a select group of premium seats, than, if you just jam a general punters bar underneath a football stand.

And if you are looking at it as analytically as you have the other drawings (full credit for picking things up there btw), the actual layout within that area does not exactly scream 'hospitality' in the way a few here are imagining it (i.e this posh exclusive feet up haeven), but is just a fairly bog standard bar layout. Albeit with direct access to an area of the stand.

You could be correct. The proposed hospitality bar could be similar to another Ardwick, Joe’s, etc.

The Ardwick.

F9A323C3-C35D-4C6F-9285-D9DBDA5666BE.jpeg

109A4D87-7B79-4332-888B-1E96FA9E6B1F.jpeg

9-E10-F006-7589-4611-9-F6-B-895084-AB5164.jpg

98944AB9-D2F7-4944-B3A4-131CC736A25A.jpeg

The Ardwick bar, for example, or a similar bar at the front of L2 will probably have a similar price point, which would exclude the general GA (demographics) fan from going in there.

3FF6CE95-F73F-46FB-A775-B70E1E7D4412.png

I can afford some of those prices to a point, ie, West Ham, but I couldn’t justify paying that for a match, bar maybe a 1 off special occasions like a Birthday, etc.

During months of conversations about the stand on this thread nobody mentioned or discussed the possibility of a hospitality section at the front of L2.

It never even entered my mind, let alone thinking the club would come up with a hospitality section at the front of L2 after all the positive and well thought out feedback we‘ve given the club over the months via this thread, which Danny Wilson and the club have read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.