North Stand Expansion

No I get that. I get why that is exactly how it looks. maybe the /GA is there as a token exactly for that reason, someone like me can get distracted by it. Or maybe, they have different intention, or even don't fully know their intentions yet. But they saw an opportunity to include a bar in a space at this stage of the process and have done so.

You could be right. It could just be a bar, like any other GA bar in the ground. But the wording on the PA states ‘hospitality’.(with GA added)

This project brief hasn’t been posted yet, if anyone is interested?

View attachment 76181

View attachment 76182

View attachment 76183
There are 15 rows on the current second tier North stand,10 upto the staircase. The hospitality steps in the new design seem to be going to what would be lower section of the new section, not the front of the existing tier 2. There's a lower staircase from the concourse area that leads to the existing 10 front rows of level 2 (as it currently does). I think?

This is a massive own goal from the club, as many posters have said give the North Stand to the core support, you only have to have seen the game yesterday to see what GA+ sections are doing to football. Look at what Club Wembley has done , sorry tried to get a photo of the section.

Another thing having this section in the North Stand will play to the empty seats jibe that we get all the time as these 648 people will having there Joe's burger when the second half kicks off

1682239746456.png

Just to clarify. I’m only mentioning a singing section on L2 as a lot of people wanted one on L2.

Safe standing section (option) on L2, far corner block, if L2 is all seater and not safe standing.

0-CE964-E9-C636-437-F-8-C16-D0-C55-B812472.png

This is a massive own goal from the club, as many posters have said give the North Stand to the core support, you only have to have seen the game yesterday to see what GA+ sections are doing to football. Look at what Club Wembley has done , sorry tried to get a photo of the section.

Another thing having this section in the North Stand will play to the empty seats jibe that we get all the time as these 648 people will having there Joe's burger when the second half kicks off

View attachment 76184
Wembley is completely different especially for semi finals, those areas aren’t for the clubs involved. Not a comparison in any way to whats being suggested for the front of the NS.
Actually those having their Joes burger probably get back quicker than those in other blocks that are queuing for a beer or a pie.
I’ve sat in many blocks all over the ground and in all for the last 5 minutes before half time the first 5 of the second half and the last five minutes of the game I’m constantly up and down letting fans in and out of their seats.

But the fact remains there are 100s of 'ordinary fans" who do the same, stay in the concourses for long period's happy to have a pint etc or spend the whole came looking at their phones, what's the difference?

The club has to cater for all.

So the club has to put hospitality areas at the front of a home end?

No it doesn’t. There’s already loads of areas in the ground for that.

My point with that is we know @bluesmith posted about these plans months ago and said they were locked away, before the consultation and before 1894 group met with the club and were told there would be no hospitality there.
There is a chance that it’s on the original plans but the club have already decided that the Hospitality / GA will now be GA. We wouldn’t know and there would be no need for them to have changed the planning documents because there would be no need to.

Pretty much the biggest part of the point I'm making. And that isn't even that much of devil's advocate 'what if' pedantry, I know of that very thing happening in the past. And in an ironic twist of fate, @jrb being the one picking up on it on one occasion!

Look it goes without saying that, if the team behind this include a hospitality bar in the proposals, with a direct link to seats that are marked as hospitality, then it is exactly what it says on the tin and they have every intention of using/selling the area as that. But by the same logic, if that also says /GA, in a full GA stand area, the seats are not shown any different from other seats in terms of spacing and size, then maybe there might be more to it there, i.e it can be used as GA, that just happens to have access to a bar. The other hospitality areas don't include that, they are purely down as hospitality. That's before you add the layer of consultation etc

I'm sure it will become clear through the dialogue that many are planning with the club. Hopefully people will be open minded that it might not be exactly whay everyone assumes. And if it is, then every right to feel as they now do.

Playing devils advocate.

Bar what’s in the planning application we don’t know what the club has decided or has yet to decided about L2. The word ‘option’ is evident in the PA, giving the club flexibility on decisions it may still have to make. So until the club explain and clarify decisions about L2 in the future, we don’t know what the club have decided. There’s no point in asking the club to go public on those decisions because they won’t. We all know by now how City works.(that includes City Matters)

The club is investing 300m on an incredible facility for the supporters, that all I am seeing.

Nobody is complaining about the £300mill investment. We’re all grateful for the continued investment Sheikh Mansour puts into the club and into East Manchester. Hence why we sing his name. :-)

The club also intimated to the fans that it wanted to build and create a proper and vocal home end. (with hospitality areas at the front and at the back of the stand ;-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.