North Stand Expansion

A serious question.

What type of fan is going to pay £499 for a seat in the proposed hospitality area at the front of L2, if an Ardwick Bar (not a ‘Restaurant’) price point is implemented in there?

Is it going to be the type of (GA) fan who wants to stand up for 90 minutes, chant, clap, swear, which happens, does the Poznan, jumps on fellow City fans when City score, etc?

I’ll let you decide.

One positive is the new GA term for our fan base. We can add that to Legacy fans. And FOC’s.

I’m a GA-Legacy-FOC. :-)

You could be correct. The proposed hospitality bar could be similar to another Ardwick, Joe’s, etc.

The Ardwick bar, for example, or a similar bar at the front of L2 will probably have a similar price point, which would exclude the general GA (demographics) fan from going in th can afford some of those prices to a point, ie, West Ham, but I couldn’t justify paying that for a match, bar maybe a 1 off special occasions like a Birthday, etc.

During months of conversations about the stand on this thread nobody mentioned or discussed the possibility of a hospitality section at the front of L2.

It never even entered my mind, let alone thinking the club would come up with a hospitality section at the front of L2 after all the positive and well thought out feedback we‘ve given the club over the months via this thread, which Danny Wilson and the club have read.

Or Maybe it is the Legacy Bar, for legacy fans at no extra cost. Show your York away stub and you drink for free.

I think you are probably right fwiw, I'm keen to find out once the club clarify to those having the discussions. Till then you and I and others can only speculate.

A serious question.

What type of fan is going to pay £499 for a seat in the proposed hospitality area at the front of L2, if an Ardwick Bar (not a ‘Restaurant’) price point is implemented in there?

Is it going to be the type of (GA) fan who wants to stand up for 90 minutes, chant, clap, swear, which happens, does the Poznan, jumps on fellow City fans when City score, etc?

I’ll let you decide.
Is that the same price as the front of SS 3? I won't be buying a S/C as I can only make 7-10 games a year, but £499 is less than I pay a year si if I was looking at a S/C yes I’d pay that to sit there or even safe stand at £27 a game.

A serious question.

Maybe someone seeking a premium view with the comforts of a directors box whilst immersed in the ultimate experience of the old terraces by having abuse and cartons of piss hurled at them by the surrounding "less priviledged" supporters?

Or Maybe it is the Legacy Bar, for legacy fans at no extra cost. Show your York away stub and you drink for free.

I think you are probably right fwiw, I'm keen to find out once the club clarify to those having the discussions. Till then you and I can only speculate.

I’m trying to pull some possible positives from this bar and 648 seats at the front of the stand staying GA.

It would be better and possibly acceptable if it was a GA section with a reasonable and additional cost to access the bar that GA fans could afford and were willing to pay.

But when City can charge up £499 now for a similar seat, what will they charge in 3 years time, I doubt that will happen.

A serious question.

I’ll let you decide.

Going by the type of demographic that pay hundreds of pounds for gig tickets of average quality popular bands, actually quite likely.

I know if I were to be able to pay that (whether I would is another matter) or if I were to have it gifted to me, I would 100% want to do all those.

Your underlying point has remained valid throughout all this. And that is of location, rather than allocation.

Is that the same price as the front of SS 3? I won't be buying a S/C as I can only make 7-10 games a year, but £499 is less than I pay a year si if I was looking at a S/C yes I’d pay that to sit there or even safe stand at £27 a game.

Sorry mate, you’ve lost me.

Do you mean?

£499 is just for the last home game against Chelsea.

One positive is the new GA term for our fan base. We can add that to Legacy fans. And FOC’s.

I’m a GA-Legacy-FOC. :-)

Lol, posted my legacy quip at the same time before seeing yours, honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.