North Stand Expansion

The bar and canopy on the right when facing the back of the souvenir store have gone.

The link below takes you to the Coop Live Arena live webcam. You can follow the progress of the demolition via that. Either enlarge the picture or zoom in on your device. The picture does blur slightly.

View attachment 85318

Canopies over Summerbees starting to be dismantled…

IMG_0839.jpeg

Reactions: jrb
The South stand expansion and Coop Live Arena are a learning curve.

Not in the business, like many on here are, and who know whats involved, but construction costs have rocketed over the last few years, not to mention supply chain and trades person issues.

Looks like City want to be in complete control of the build making sure build costs don't escalate.

That aside. Will somebody finish off the snagging on the South stand. Having access to the interior of the stand via 1894 really brings home how poor the finish is.
I was told Laing O'Rourke estimated at £160m last year vs Turner & Townsend, who were cheaper, but City accepted the position.
LOR have since come in at £170m, whereas T&T estimate is £150m+. City told LOR they were going out to tender, and I think LOR walked away as they couldn't bridge the gap with cost engineering.
Don't know if this is 100% true, but seems legit given Sisk are now looking to do the build.

Reactions: jrb
IF IF IF....The Etihad had a 75000 capacity now,and a 'home' North stand would we sell it out for PL & CL games ?

Unfortunately, I have been told I will not be working on this project but a couple of colleagues are. The reports in the media are that Laing O'Rourke walked away but from what I've heard it was more of a push. The inhouse team at City sound like they know exactly what they want and will not be backed into a corner by any contractor. The consultant in me says they are hard work, but as a fan I feel they mirror what our Chairman and CEO possess. Very shrewd and meticulous.

Either way, the club will get what they want and this will take a little while longer than the timeframes that have been widely reported. Just my view, don't shoot the messenger.
I was looking for something else entirely yesterday but came across this piece from 2015 which you may find interesting (presuming you've not seen it).

I was looking for something else entirely yesterday but came across this piece from 2015 which you may find interesting (presuming you've not seen it).

Never seen this, thanks for sharing. I like the bit in the article where it says BAM took on 92 apprentices from local postcodes during the CFA project, 22 of which learned how to read and write, with all 92 being offered permanent jobs at the end (unsure whether with BAM or not). Social value is the current buzzword(s) that contractors use when bidding for such projects. Fair play to BAM, they looked like they really delivered on this aspect where many other main contractors overpromise and underdeliver.

Wonder if any enterprising business people will open some bars/cafes in the old Industrial buildings on the Bradford Rd/Old Mill St/Pollard st approach to the Stadium/Arena which is being pushed as a main route

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.