North Stand Expansion

Unfortunately, I have been told I will not be working on this project but a couple of colleagues are. The reports in the media are that Laing O'Rourke walked away but from what I've heard it was more of a push. The inhouse team at City sound like they know exactly what they want and will not be backed into a corner by any contractor. The consultant in me says they are hard work, but as a fan I feel they mirror what our Chairman and CEO possess. Very shrewd and meticulous.

Either way, the club will get what they want and this will take a little while longer than the timeframes that have been widely reported. Just my view, don't shoot the messenger.
You are definitely correct on the pushed bit.

The South stand expansion and Coop Live Arena are a learning curve.

Not in the business, like many on here are, and who know whats involved, but construction costs have rocketed over the last few years, not to mention supply chain and trades person issues.

Looks like City want to be in complete control of the build making sure build costs don't escalate.

That aside. Will somebody finish off the snagging on the South stand. Having access to the interior of the stand via 1894 really brings home how poor the finish is.
The easiest way for City to be in control of the cost is for them to place the order for exactly what they want, then walk away and leave it to the builder. Once the orders are placed any cost escalation is the supply chains to swallow.

Last edited:
The South stand expansion and Coop Live Arena are a learning curve.

Not in the business, like many on here are, and who know whats involved, but construction costs have rocketed over the last few years, not to mention supply chain and trades person issues.

Looks like City want to be in complete control of the build making sure build costs don't escalate.

That aside. Will somebody finish off the snagging on the South stand. Having access to the interior of the stand via 1894 really brings home how poor the finish is.

Haha I think I know the lad who did the fitout on this. Lovely fella but he was the same on some blocks SRM put up for us in Salford. It took me a good half dozen visits at the end of defects period and he'd still miss stuff after walking the park alongside you.

The easiest way for City to be in control of the cost is for them to place the order for exaxtly what they want then walk away and leave it to the builder. Once the orders are placed any cost escalation is the supply chains to swallow.

Contractors are very very clever with their contract clauses. I currently work with a large French firm who are buggers for this. Something along the lines of 'this clause allows for inflation over a 2 year period', so you end up getting stung even a few years down the line and an imaginary figure plucked out of the air. Both parties around the table for several meetings then arguing the toss over six and seven figure sums that have magically appeared for materials.

Contractors are very very clever with their contract clauses. I currently work with a large French firm who are buggers for this. Something along the lines of 'this clause allows for inflation over a 2 year period', so you end up getting stung even a few years down the line and an imaginary figure plucked out of the air. Both parties around the table for several meetings then arguing the toss over six and seven figure sums that have magically appeared for materials.
Yeah definitely, but City should be calling the shots and the MC signing up on City's terms.

Carbon penalties will be the next big one with clauses similar to LADs being inserted in to contacts by clients.

Need to improve the infrastructure/transport and car parking facilities arround the ground with any ground expansion. Currently this is going backwards with the big extension of the on street car parking restrictions next season. This is going to make it much harder for many blues to attend matches and put off quite a few.
Is there any update on the parking restrictions?

No th
Yeah, nish off the kids from the fanzone and set up a big bar at the indoor pitch….. all jokes aside, do we not have any potential facilities at the academy etc ? Failing that we need more tables & chairs in the concourse areas like the new area in the SS
No thanks we love kids fanzone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.