North Stand Expansion

Our ticket prices are reasonable, there I said it, and I'm not well off but I am a season ticket holder. I am also eternally greatful to Sheikh Mansour and his team who have made us the best team on the planet (possibly ever) and appreciate that there is a price to pay for success.

But that price in a lot of instances isnt higher than the so called lesser clubs?

Our ticket prices are reasonable, there I said it, and I'm not well off but I am a season ticket holder. I am also eternally greatful to Sheikh Mansour and his team who have made us the best team on the planet (possibly ever) and appreciate that there is a price to pay for success.

Pfff, they signed that Scandie Carroll just so they can hike the ticket prices, I know what they are up to!

The point is though that ticket revenue is a small % of income and when they raise season ticket prices by an average £20, it brings in less than KDB earns in a month
My season card in in East Stand block 104 row W and it is the second highest priced season card that is not a padded seat. It works out to about £50 a game
Block 105 row W is all padded and I said to the people around me that as soon as the North stand extension is completed our area will become like 105 and we'll be priced out of these seats
The club talks about legacy fans, but what it wants is a stadium with 50% tourists where they can milk the cash
Make my seat padded, sell it to a tourist for £100. This is where the club will get its money back on the extension

I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts and Pep is here, but when my SC tops a grand, I'm off and will watch from my settee

Reactions: PPT
Meanwhile is there any updates or pictures of the development?

A few people have posted pics here and there over the pages, there will be more.

As far as building control are concerned, the development has started, the commencement notice has been recieved. As far as planning are concerned, the development has started, and a couple pre start conditions have been deferred to allow that. Sisk haven't been announced as the contractor, but they are away procuring the facade elements for the on site mock-up and have a programme of works out to that extent. The enabling works are ongoing and appear to be beginning to bleed into the main works.

That help?

Some of our season ticket prices are reasonable, but I don’t think the match day prices are at all. Season ticket prices have gone up pretty every year as well, when they didn’t need to.

The price to pay for being successful, shouldnt be pricing out large numbers of fans and it doesn’t have to be either.

The club have done lots of great things, but as I said above I don’t agree with everything they’ve done.

Reactions: PPT
Just a shout out in defence of tourists. If I lived in the North West I'd love to have a season ticket: but don't and have other loves apart from City: a trip to the Etihad is a full day from Somerset. I've been working in the Middle East this year on and off, and joined an OSC in the country I'm based in - there are guys there who are literally flying in to watch a match or two and spend much more on their support than I do - they're different again but putting big £'s into the club.
I'm 3rd generation City (& take my 4th gen City son), was there for Gillingham, Lincoln etc.; donate to the 1894 group and want the atmosphere to be bouncing when we go. But it's too easy to say that Season ticket holders (some of whom are the worst for leaving early!) are the 'true fans': & the rest of us are part time glory hunters.
The world has moved on from my Mum and Dad getting the tram to Maine Road - and although I find it curious to meet Blues in the desert as I have this year, I'd much rather they were Blue than Red (or Real Madrid). The world, and our game, has moved on - and I hope the North Stand will provide more space to create a Blue Wall & retain some cheap seats. Until then, we're all CTID

Just a shout out in defence of tourists. If I lived in the North West I'd love to have a season ticket: but don't and have other loves apart from City: a trip to the Etihad is a full day from Somerset. I've been working in the Middle East this year on and off, and joined an OSC in the country I'm based in - there are guys there who are literally flying in to watch a match or two and spend much more on their support than I do - they're different again but putting big £'s into the club.
I'm 3rd generation City (& take my 4th gen City son), was there for Gillingham, Lincoln etc.; donate to the 1894 group and want the atmosphere to be bouncing when we go. But it's too easy to say that Season ticket holders (some of whom are the worst for leaving early!) are the 'true fans': & the rest of us are part time glory hunters.
The world has moved on from my Mum and Dad getting the tram to Maine Road - and although I find it curious to meet Blues in the desert as I have this year, I'd much rather they were Blue than Red (or Real Madrid). The world, and our game, has moved on - and I hope the North Stand will provide more space to create a Blue Wall & retain some cheap seats. Until then, we're all CTID
Great post. I’ve lived within travelling distance of the ground for most of my life but I love to see the non local fans at the ground - they look excited & pleased to be there unlike some old fogies who think City is for mancs only & ticket prices should be similar to those at Macc fc :) (joke everybody!)
You & other fans who live far away, invest a lot of money & time to watch your team.

I also take great pleasure in seeing the so called “tourist” fans out & about in their City shirts when I’m in other countries. It’s amazing & satisfying to see how big our club has grown.

We are now the best team in the world & on the whole, I think we get value for money.

They weren’t unavoidable at all. Thousands were forced out of the north stand. They didn’t have to do that all, it was completely avoidable.

Get real. I was one of many forced out of the North Stand {scoreboard end) to the more expensive covered Kippax. This was back at Maine Road when I was a regular at the Scoreboard end but was displaced when it became all seater.

Back then not everyone could afford the Kippax let alone programmes or food and beverages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.