North Stand Expansion

are we skint already?
Well, we did have all those pages of people discusding how overbudget it will end up, and what the cost wil spiral to, did we not? You from memory might have been one of them. I might be misremembering sorry, but given I seem to be the only one that thinks 300m is the project cost rather than the build cost, the odds are you would have been.

A pretty packet I would imagine mate but it also builds customer demand, showcases ambition to the wider world etc? One was done for the south stand as well so a few years on software should be better etc?
No I agree, imo definitely worthwhile in terms of PR and excitement. Not so much on showcasing ambition, I think they have done that already, but in terms of getting people talking, yea it has its value.

My point was more do people readily saying when are the club 'releasing' more images and flythroughs, know what it takes and costs to produce them? Given they have already put quite a few out with the planning application, so it is not like the world doesn't know what it will look like.

We may well get one, but if they do they will probably time it with significant news. Like contractor being formally announced, the removal of exising stand starting, etc.

Well, we did have all those pages of people discusding how overbudget it will end up, and what the cost wil spiral to, did we not? You from memory might have been one of them. I might be misremembering sorry, but given I seem to be the only one that thinks 300m is the project cost rather than the build cost, the odds are you would have been.

No I agree, imo definitely worthwhile in terms of PR and excitement. Not so much on showcasing ambition, I think they have done that already, but in terms of getting people talking, yea it has its value.

My point was more do people readily saying when are the club 'releasing' more images and flythroughs, know what it takes and costs to produce them? Given they have already put quite a few out with the planning application, so it is not like the world doesn't know what it will look like.

We may well get one, but if they do they will probably time it with significant news. Like contractor being formally announced, the removal of exising stand starting, etc.
A CGI of the expansion would be a superb advert for the club and will be seen the world over, hopefully they will have a 24 hour webcam online as soon as the proper construction starts, all part of building the brand and expanding the "project"

Ideally construction should be finished just in time for our derby with Maine RD FC in the North West Counties League.

A CGI of the expansion would be a superb advert for the club and will be seen the world over, hopefully they will have a 24 hour webcam online as soon as the proper construction starts, all part of building the brand and expanding the "project"

Ideally construction should be finished just in time for our derby with Maine RD FC in the North West Counties League.

PMSL ;-)

Villa are a massive club but that makes them look small time! How can 42k be good enough for a premier team like Villa!?

Is it to do with the changes in building extending grounds now?
From a couple of reports it seems part of the problem at Villa is that they were planning to knock down the north stand and rebuild it, rather than extend it as we did with the south stand and are now doing with the north stand.
They don't want to lose capacity when they are filling the ground every game.

From a couple of reports it seems part of the problem at Villa is that they were planning to knock down the north stand and rebuild it, rather than extend it as we did with the south stand and are now doing with the north stand.
They don't want to lose capacity when they are filling the ground every game.
Maybe they are considering building a new stadium, very little room to expand Villa Park and a nightmare to get away from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.