North Stand Expansion

According to a delusional Villa superfan I had an argument with last year, who had a strong hatred of City: Villa have a 20k+ season card waiting list and City should be embarrassed they aren't packed to the rafters even for the dead rubber cup games, against lower league opposition because Villa definitely would in the same position. I hammered the guy with attendance data, showing City had better records and better averages in multiple eras but he still wouldn't have none of it.

I'm starting to see why some people are dreading the prospect of Villa winning anything worth boasting about any time soon, let alone winning the league this year. They'd probably be worse than Liverpool fans especially because of the way they've done it. They did break EFL FFP regulations to get back into the premier league, needed a billionaire owner and have spent more than most realise in recent years. Also, much like Newcastle, they aren't doing it 'the right' way out of the good of football. If it weren't for FFP they would be spending like it nobodies business to catch up because their owners want to invest much more than they've been able to, from what I gather.

According to a delusional Villa superfan I had an argument with last year, who had a strong hatred of City: Villa have a 20k+ season card waiting list and City should be embarrassed they aren't packed to the rafters even for the dead rubber cup games, against lower league opposition because Villa definitely would in the same position. I hammered the guy with attendance data, showing City had better records and better averages in multiple eras but he still wouldn't have none of it.

I'm starting to see why some people are dreading the prospect of Villa winning anything worth boasting about any time soon, let alone winning the league this year. They'd probably be worse than Liverpool fans with because of the way they've done it. They did break EFL FFP regulations to get back into the league, needed a billionaire owner and have spent more than most realise in recent years. Also much like Newcastle, they aren't doing it 'the right' way out of the good of football. If it weren't for FFP they would be spending like it nobodies business to catch up because their owners want to invest much more than they've been able to from what I gather.
I normally just fire back with "I frankly couldn't give a toss how many arses are on seats, I care about points on the board and trophies in the trophy cabinet. There's no trophy for filling a ground you sad twat, imagine getting embarrassed about other people going or not going to a football match"

Anyway, it appears the plans for Witton Station ties in with the Euro 2028 tournament plans. Couldn't City use it to their advantage too? Especially with the Co-Op Live and expansion-hotel plans.

I suppose it's a revamp of an in service railway station, rather than a decommissioned one and I admit I don't know enough about the state that it's in or the logistics involved. It's still an opportunity to convince the council(or whoever the club need to work with) to improve the current transport situation more than what's been proposed so far, either way.

Last edited:

I'm starting to see why some people are dreading the prospect of Villa winning anything worth boasting about any time soon, let alone winning the league this year. They'd probably be worse than Liverpool fans especially because of the way they've done it. They did break EFL FFP regulations to get back into the premier league, needed a billionaire owner and have spent more than most realise in recent years. Also, much like Newcastle, they aren't doing it 'the right' way out of the good of football. If it weren't for FFP they would be spending like it nobodies business to catch up because their owners want to invest much more than they've been able to, from what I gather.
Delusions of grandeur- Villa fans one and all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.