North Stand Expansion

According to a delusional Villa superfan I had an argument with last year, who had a strong hatred of City: Villa have a 20k+ season card waiting list and City should be embarrassed they aren't packed to the rafters even for the dead rubber cup games, against lower league opposition because Villa definitely would in the same position. I hammered the guy with attendance data, showing City had better records and better averages in multiple eras but he still wouldn't have none of it.

I'm starting to see why some people are dreading the prospect of Villa winning anything worth boasting about any time soon, let alone winning the league this year. They'd probably be worse than Liverpool fans especially because of the way they've done it. They did break EFL FFP regulations to get back into the premier league, needed a billionaire owner and have spent more than most realise in recent years. Also, much like Newcastle, they aren't doing it 'the right' way out of the good of football. If it weren't for FFP they would be spending like it nobodies business to catch up because their owners want to invest much more than they've been able to, from what I gather.
It always amuses me when fans of other clubs talk about theirs being a top notch fanbase because if they were playing well and winning things they’d pack out the stadium, but as they’re not currently playing well and winning things they don’t.
Surely that’s the opposite of a good fanbase and just shows they’ve got a lot of people that would jump on the bandwagon?

It always amuses me when fans of other clubs talk about theirs being a top notch fanbase because if they were playing well and winning things they’d pack out the stadium, but as they’re not currently playing well and winning things they don’t.
Surely that’s the opposite of a good fanbase and just shows they’ve got a lot of people that would jump on the bandwagon?
Villa havn't won anything since the League Cup against United in 1994 ! That's thirty years ago from next week another wannabe club living on a successful period that was in the early 80's even then they won a lot less than we did in the late sixties and seventies ! Their real era of success was in the 1930's and 40's almost a 100 years ago ! They also spent 6 years in the lower leagues in the early 70's ! Another so called big club with no rights to be called that. That accompanied by average crowds of under 25k in their history media fantasy at its best ! Their only claim to fame is battling Wolves as the biggest Midlands club, wow what an achievement !

Villa havn't won anything since the League Cup against United in 1994 ! That's thirty years ago from next week another wannabe club living on a successful period that was in the early 80's even then they won a lot less than we did in the late sixties and seventies ! Their real era of success was in the 1930's and 40's almost a 100 years ago ! They also spent 6 years in the lower leagues in the early 70's ! Another so called big club with no rights to be called that. That accompanied by average crowds of under 25k in their history media fantasy at its best ! Their only claim to fame is battling Wolves as the biggest Midlands club, wow what an achievement !
Using that logic wouldn’t we not really have any many big clubs ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.