North Stand Expansion

Those are the bits which would join up with future side expansions. Even the South Stand corners are designed to be temporary. More long term thinking so we don’t end up with a botched final look like at the swamp.

I’ll take your word for that.

Unfortunately I think they are here to stay for a long time.

The hotel bit?

I’ve come around to the hotel now, even though it‘s a dog-leg. I appreciate it serves an important purpose, regardless of how it sits and looks within the wider redevelopment of the North stand. It probably won’t be that noticeable or jarring when every part of the North stand redevelopment is up and running. Like most of us on here, it’s the North stand and how it looks and impacts on the Etihad internally that I’m really looking forward to seeing. :-)

I heard on the radio that Aston Villa attract big crowds without exceptional attendances.

Where does it leave them regarding being selected to host Euro games based on an increased ground capacity?
Euro 2028 stadium capacity criteria

The required capacities for the ten stadiums were as follows:

We didn't pay for the conversion post games however, we had to fund the fit-out as we were handed a basic stadium
One thing I've sometimes wondered is whether the first tier where the running track is was dug out as part of the original works and the running track put over it or whether the whole first tier, concourse etc was done afterwards, that would be a very big job. Anyone know what happened?

One thing I've sometimes wondered is whether the first tier where the running track is was dug out as part of the original works and the running track put over it or whether the whole first tier, concourse etc was done afterwards, that would be a very big job. Anyone know what happened?
I'd guess not as it would be unstable for heavy machinery afterwards but I could be wrong. According to ARUP they dug out 90000 cubic metres of earth in the conversion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.