North Stand Expansion

I’m a legacy* fan but happy just to see the club doing well, taking my lad the odd time. More capacity means more ticket options. It was weird being singularly the only legacy fan in the whole block v Bayern last year, but for me I suppose it's just change, a sign of success of the club and the PL in attracting supporters from a wide international base.

* following since 79-80, was at Bradford, the 5-1, the 10-1, Blackburn on Hillsborough day, losing at home to Bury, away at Port Vale etc etc etc
The owners have done so much for Manchester City. We still have a duty to make our case on aspects of the way the club is being run, but at some point we are going to have to realise that is just the way things are in wider society. Often decisions are made and not always worked through or communicated as they should be. It is not easy to run a club with many members who believe they are more important than the next. Sadly, the value and importance seems to come down to how much money is being spent in the club shop and related products and services. Does there come a point where the club has become too big and powerful and loses focus on members who helped to get the club where it is today?

It was the legacy blue moaners, as ‘you say’, who stuck by the club for 34 trophyless years, and who filled MR in the old 3rd division. The legacy fans deserve to have their voices heard, and they deserve to be listened to by the people given the privilege and honour of running Manchester City Football Club. After all, the fans then, who are the legacy fans now, were one of the main reasons why Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City Football Club, apparently, due to our fantastic and loyal support that never wavered. Those lucky enough, even though our numbers are steadily dwindling, are still supporting City to this day.
We need to hear that Buzzer & Andy Morrison,as ambassadors,are having input and influence,with our hierarchy regards the value of our legacy fans of yesteryear and the Mancunian youth of tomorrow.

9000 additional seats, and the relocations of existing season ticket holders,provides an opportunity for tactical and flexible pricing for season and matchday tickets in all areas of the stadium.

I'm key to see a twin 'home end' structure. I think the NS will generally look after its self re attraction & demand.

The SS3 can be home for remainers,relocators and 'priced out/dislocated' Mancunian youth.

Two home ends will imo deliver great and sustainable benefits to all parties and if the club leaves the system to me I'll sort it,along with pre match and h/t entertainment....Mike McLean....Brazilian beauties beach volleyball....Wimmin wrestling in baby oil....Traditional Polish dancing (80s style)....Bernard Manning returns.... and other similar cultural events.

If the club leave it all to me the ground will be packed two hours afore ko,no one will leave at h/t and the post match fanzone will be beating them orf wiv a stick.

To be continued.

We need to hear that Buzzer & Andy Morrison,as ambassadors,are having input and influence,with our hierarchy regards the value of our legacy fans of yesteryear and the Mancunian youth of tomorrow.

9000 additional seats, and the relocations of existing season ticket holders,provides an opportunity for tactical and flexible pricing for season and matchday tickets in all areas of the stadium.

I'm key to see a twin 'home end' structure. I think the NS will generally look after its self re attraction & demand.

The SS3 can be home for remainers,relocators and 'priced out/dislocated' Mancunian youth.

Two home ends will imo deliver great and sustainable benefits to all parties and if the club leaves the system to me I'll sort it,along with pre match and h/t entertainment....Mike McLean....Brazilian beauties beach volleyball....Wimmin wrestling in baby oil....Traditional Polish dancing (80s style)....Bernard Manning returns.... and other similar cultural events.

If the club leave it all to me the ground will be packed two hours afore ko,no one will leave at h/t and the post match fanzone will be beating them orf wiv a stick.

To be continued.
Now we’re getting somewhere!!!

It was the legacy blue moaners, as ‘you say’, who stuck by the club for 34 trophyless years, and who filled MR in the old 3rd division. The legacy fans deserve to have their voices heard, and they deserve to be listened to by the people given the privilege and honour of running Manchester City Football Club. After all, the fans then, who are the legacy fans now, were one of the main reasons why Sheikh Mansour bought Manchester City Football Club, apparently, due to our fantastic and loyal support that never wavered. Those lucky enough, even though our numbers are steadily dwindling, are still supporting City to this day.

Perhaps that's what the '+' is, for those 640 GA+ seats. If you have your York away stub, the seat's all yours.

To be continued.
What about Vince Miller?

I don't go all high and mighty and call my self a legacy fan, as I have said before first match at Maine Road on my dads shoulders in the score board end in 1947 regular attender home and away since 1957 till 1974. then moving to the east coast, could only get 8 to 10 games a season long journey, poor roads.Then managed to get a season card for the City of Manchester Stadium never missing a game at home including cup games at night getting home at 3 to 4 am in the morning. but had to give my season ticket up this season because of poor health, and have to listen to you lot on here moaning about ticket prices, transport when you only live round the corner And I can't get to see my beloved blues live

All this rubbish about Maine Road packed every week makes me think most have never been regular attenders.

The owners have done so much for Manchester City. We still have a duty to make our case on aspects of the way the club is being run, but at some point we are going to have to realise that is just the way things are in wider society. Often decisions are made and not always worked through or communicated as they should be. It is not easy to run a club with many members who believe they are more important than the next. Sadly, the value and importance seems to come down to how much money is being spent in the club shop and related products and services. Does there come a point where the club has become too big and powerful and loses focus on members who helped to get the club where it is today?
Football is globalised now like most other things. The genie is not going back into the bottle. We can only hope that. in an era when virtual season tickets become the norm, club owners recognise that matchgoing fans are a vital part of the spectacle and need protecting. The community base of football is part of its financial success. Welcome to Wrexham has attracted a cult following across the world. I am not sure the bubble is going to burst anytime soon.

I don't go all high and mighty and call my self a legacy fan, as I have said before first match at Maine Road on my dads shoulders in the score board end in 1947 regular attender home and away since 1957 till 1974. then moving to the east coast, could only get 8 to 10 games a season long journey, poor roads.Then managed to get a season card for the City of Manchester Stadium never missing a game at home including cup games at night getting home at 3 to 4 am in the morning. but had to give my season ticket up this season because of poor health, and have to listen to you lot on here moaning about ticket prices, transport when you only live round the corner And I can't get to see my beloved blues live

All this rubbish about Maine Road packed every week makes me think most have never been regular attenders.
It's funny, one term I've grown to hate is 'legacy' fan,usually used with an air of superiority. One thing they always go on about though is attracting younger fans without realising many younger fans want a different experience than we had in our younger days stood on a cold wet kippax. Many of the things they moan about are things younger fans want and expect from a match going experience.

It's funny, one term I've grown to hate is 'legacy' fan,usually used with an air of superiority. One thing they always go on about though is attracting younger fans without realising many younger fans want a different experience than we had in our younger days stood on a cold wet kippax. Many of the things they moan about are things younger fans want and expect from a match going experience.
We have "legacy" fans but were not a "legacy" club according to the red shirts.

Thank the lord that we at least have a PROJECT on the go!!

I agree with you on this, there are various demographics amongst our support that could and should be catered for. Young fans, “legacy fans”, those that want to stand and sing and wave flags and banners, those that want to sit and watch quietly and those that want to pay extra for a bit of hospitality, those that want to bring families and those that want to travel in from overseas. We on here are more interested in the atmosphere, the hierarchy at the club are interested in the bottom line. There is a balance to be struck with regards to pricing structure and who has access to season tickets and match day tickets. I just don’t think the club are getting it right at the moment, and long term it could have a detrimental effect on everybody.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.