North Stand Expansion

Have they put support columns in the lower and upper tier yet?

I know they did this with the south stand but wasn’t sure if it had happened with the north stand.
Not sure, not my area of expertise, and I've not been on site for a while.

Still not sure Sisk are officially in contract yet either, works being done on PCSA and firming up of prov sums.

Still not sure Sisk are officially in contract yet either, works being done on PCSA and firming up of prov sums.
I understand the target set for cutting into the existing concrete structure is May.

Still? Pretty big undertakings going on for a PCSA, and any change of contractor would become a bit of a nightmare the longer it goes on. Plus their name is on a lot of stuff now, drawings, programmes, the cranes etc.

Still? Pretty big undertakings going on for a PCSA, and any change of contractor would become a bit of a nightmare the longer it goes on. Plus their name is on a lot of stuff now, drawings, programmes, the cranes etc.
They are obviously 100% getting the contract, they may even have it now, but it will have come through very recently, they are definitely letting large chunks of works without tieing subcontract into the Main Contract though.

Does that mean steel won’t go up until then?

I'll re-post the below as a basic reference, bear in mind it is from a while ago and it may likely have changed or slipped, but that should be within weeks rather than months of it. What I have been seeing so far of Sisk's programmes, there hasn't been much of a departure. We are somewhere in week 28-30 just now I recon. In about 4-6 weeks it should get interesting, as we could be seeing three different phases overlapping. I.e they will still be doing drainage and ground, commencing new structure, and also removing some of the old all at the same time. If the below is broadly on track, goes without saying.

Re the steel, I'd be expecting it starting sometime towards the back end of March/early April. Bear in mind the facade sample bay should be made available for inspection by the planners in April, and that is noted to be installed on the new steelwork. Which was the reason for deferring that particular condition to allow the steelwork to progress.

Further detail to this

Taking it from a June 2023 start (which started on time) for site start for general improvements works, onwards. October as the site mobilisation for the stand, November for works to the stand.

Weeks 1-33, piling and drainage
Weeks 23-67 main structure including support for the roof, removal of back stays, installation of new concourses and terracing.
Weeks 30-88, temporary support for existing roof, and removal of roof.
Weeks 50-88, erection of new roof and walls of new stand, including cladding and external finishes
Weeks 45-95 fit-out including seating, m&e and safety systems.

95 weeks for the stand, with overlaps plenty. That's isolating just the stand, which in reality will be happening at times simultaneously with the commercial buildings behind.

Hope that helps (if it hasn't changed since)

I'll re-post the below as a basic reference, bear in mind it is from a while ago and it may likely have changed or slipped, but that should be within weeks rather than months of it. What I have been seeing so far of Sisk's programmes, there hasn't been much of a departure. We are somewhere in week 28-30 just now I recon. In about 4-6 weeks it should get interesting, as we could be seeing three different phases overlapping. I.e they will still be doing drainage and ground, commencing new structure, and also removing some of the old all at the same time. If the below is broadly on track, goes without saying.

Re the steel, I'd be expecting it starting sometime towards the back end of March/early April. Bear in mind the facade sample bay should be made available for inspection by the planners in April, and that is noted to be installed on the new steelwork. Which was the reason for deferring that particular condition to allow the steelwork to progress.

Back end of March. That’s good as I’m off work at the end of March for a week. I was going to give it a 4 week break from taking pictures as there’s not much change atm. There’s not point in posting the same pictures of mud and rebar every week. If another crane or two go up in the next 4 weeks, I’ll take some pictures. Any update pictures from the ES spiral, closest to the site, would still be appreciated, if anyone can do that. Thanks.

Vapes are gonna be banned. That’s a certainty.

Not sure of the solution the canal path - but I’m sure majority will walk via the proposed walkway - especially those not familiar with the route back to town.
Why do u think vapes will be banned and for what reason? Surely vaping is safer then smocking cigs and a spliff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.