North Stand Expansion

Saw this angle of the south stand which shows why it might be difficult to have screens at that end. Those supports coming out at an angle would probably make it a difficult job.

IMG_0088.jpeg

Todays progress

I see the first columns in the hotel wing have started popping up. The right hand steel tower looks pretty much complete, the left not far off. The guy in the cherry picker working on the left one at 25-30m, nerves of steel, pardon the pun. Those things sway a fair bit, particularly at that height, with the tiniest bit of wind. Shouldn't be long till the first floor plate of the right hand half of the hotel starts. Still no sign of the facade mock-up, but I guess seeing how they technically breached that condition a couple of months ago, it now makes little difference when it goes up.

Last edited:
Let's hope the North stand expansion doesn't go a similar way.

The original cost/budget was £365mill

Co-Op Live opens as costs set to reach £450m​

Those issues have also led to the rising price tag for the arena, which initially was set to cost £365m. Now, Oak View Group chief executive Tim Leiweke has told the Manchester Evening News that the figure is £400m and likely to grow to £450m before all is said and done

Last game of the season, last home game too, last chance for photos on the way in by folk. If you get my drift..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.