North Stand Expansion

People have stated its many things corporate, hospitality, neither of those. It's clear what city class it as - hospitality

The semantics aren't important. What is important is that the club aren't going to be able to secure a load more cash for these seats in comparison to the rest of the stand, when all that you'd get is a separate bar and seats in a central location at the front of the stand. It's not going to lead to a completely different demographic of fan. You still have to piss with the rest of the plebs!

The whingeing about this arrangement comes from the impression that we're going to get people with half and half scarves videoing themselves front and centre of what is supposed to be a home end. In reality, for the majority of games it is likely it will be season ticket holders in there who just want a little bit more than a general admission ticket and will probably join in with the singing.

Even if it's somewhere in the middle, it's not going to destroy what is otherwise fully general admission. And if it is harming things, and enough people feed that back to the club perhaps there's a solution in the future where it's relocated.

The success of this stand isn't undermined by it. It's a small compromise amongst what otherwise is pretty much what fans have been calling for, other than it being 2 tiers rather than 1 - but we can understand why with the complexity of the build.

The skybar IS corporate. Not really seen anyone have an issue with it, given where it is.

The 648 are simply not. But you are right, people have an issue with them.
I think if the 648 were added to the Sky Bar section, no one would have an issue, it's just that it's right in the middle of the beginning of the second-tier that is the issue

Have you ever tried Joes? I am in Joes, and yes City class it as hospitality, but in reality it’s nothing special; it’s same as 93:20 with parking and a free drink on arrival. 93:20 and Joes even share block 207. It’s really GA+
Yes, I'm lucky enough to have done quite a lot of the hospitality options and agree with you.

I think if the 648 were added to the Sky Bar section, no one would have an issue, it's just that it's right in the middle of the beginning of the second-tier that is the issue

I get that, I really do.

I just don't see an issue myself though. Sorry, I just don't.

People have stated its many things corporate, hospitality, neither of those. It's clear what city class it as - hospitality

Either way, thanks for the exchange and more importantly the tone. No issue with the difference in how we perceive that section, and refreshing to interact fairly respectfully.

Either way, thanks for the exchange and more importantly the tone. No issue with the difference in how we perceive that section, and refreshing to interact fairly respectfully.
No problem pal, I try and avoid commenting in this thread precisely because of the tone of many of the posts.

I'm not sure what your point is? All I've said is Joes is hospitality and spec for those seats states its to be the same as Joes. You can dress it up all you like but that's the facts as of today.
These are the sort of conversations that started mass brawls in the pissstone walls of Maine Road.
Hospitality? I've shat em.

No problem pal, I try and avoid commenting in this thread precisely because of the tone of many of the posts.

That one item in particular does tend to repeatedly come up, and end the same. I include myself in that.

But there are some good discussions on current construction itself a lot of the time, which are to me the most interesting and probably least divisive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.