North Stand Expansion

I agree with all that. Apart from the last paragraph which is just wrong. They are not corporate, and they certainly are not boxes. As shown on the approved drawings at least, and presumably what will be built. It is just obtuse to keep claiming otherwise.
I thought there were plans to have 648 "premium seats" somewhere on the expanded second tier. I know they aren't boxes but thought they would be used to house those currently in the north stand boxes.

I thought there were plans to have 648 "premium seats" somewhere on the expanded second tier. I know they aren't boxes but thought they would be used to house those currently in the north stand boxes.

Without repeating the full loop, as it has been done to death, premium seats is probably the best way of describing them.

What I will add is, I keep mentioning the spacing and density, which to me is more pertinent to the noise and atmosphere, than the price point. That block of 648 premium seats is at 480mm spacing, the same as the whole rest of the 'basic' seating in the stand. IF you were to apply the 550 spacing which is what the other hospitality areas are, to that area alone, it would work out as 534 seats. That's not allowing any room for boxing it off, which other hospitality areas have, which brings it under 500, for the same zone. Which, I would agree, WOULD meaningfully affect the stand the look the noise and the atmosphere.

To me, it is clear that the middle area is not the same as other hospitality areas it is being readily compared to, let alone the tunnel club or true corporate.

Meh. We’re the only set of fans which think you can only have an atmosphere by being next to the away fans.

Kop, Stretford End, new Spurs stand etc. None are next to the away fans.
I made that point ages ago and you can add Newcastle, Everton, Villa and several others to that list.
But city fans were either side of the visitors at Maine Road (once the Kippax was rebuilt and it's what several groups wanted when we moved grounds. - Whether that was a genuine desire for continuity or a worry that the family stand was going to be too sanitised is another matter.

For those posters who are saying that the expanded NS should be all safe standing I'd ask if they actually think that there are 8000 people who would fill it on that basis?

I'm not at all sure there would be.

There would be if it was priced right.
It won't be priced anything like SS3 (where I am) for starters and there won't be thousands of new SC holders in there either. I can see further parts of L2 being made hospitality and existing SC holders being given first choice for the new NS (as happened with SS3). Most of it will be relocations of existing SC holders who also fancy a move and GA.

I've said this all along. It's called something like the players club/lounge. Theres a drawing that clearly shows it in the planning app.

Edit see below
View attachment 75935
This might be worth a bump for those still interested in the hospitality bit that's not hospitality. ;-)
In the early specs it was called the Players Club, I'll try and see if i can find any references to it in any of the more recent docs. There may be references in the PA too?

Screenshot_20230421_155054_PDF Extra.jpg

Last edited:
For those posters who are saying that the expanded NS should be all safe standing I'd ask if they actually think that there are 8000 people who would fill it on that basis?

Is there not 6000 fans who stand along SSL1 and in blocks 111, 110 and 109?

Disclaimer. I don’t know the individual capacity of the safe standing blocks along SSL1. Or if the fans in block 109 are still standing without the clubs permission.

In answer to your question, yes we could fill NSL2 with safe standing, but I think we all know they club aren’t interested in doing that.

Maybe the club will make NSL1 safe standing after offering the people currently sitting in NSL1 the opportunity to relocate to NSL2 and to other parts of the ground? Maybe? Safe standing on NSL1 is in the PA as a possibility in the future.

We’re all guessing aren’t we.

What’s the point of building an extended 2nd tier if it isn’t going to be a City End - an end which would need safe standing to get people to even consider moving? If not, they might as well have mirrored the South Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.