North Stand Expansion

Thanks.

I still would have preferred a more subtle colour to tie in with the rest of the North stand expansion and the stadium.

I might think differently when I see the actual colour of the bricks in real life.

I think the idea is to have it look more neutral so it doesn't feel too 'City' as they want it to be used for the arena crowd and other events.

Thanks.

I still would have preferred a more subtle colour to tie in with the rest of the North stand expansion and the stadium.

I might think differently when I see the actual colour of the bricks in real life.
It will be included in the on site mock-up, so you'll get a feel for it then. You might like it more than the images suggest, who knows.

Right. A few pages back I wondered where the big bit of steel with the nibs, circled in red below goes.

1000014954.jpg1000014948.jpg

My first thoughts was the regular angled nibs are for seat terraces, but thought, surely nowhere near that. My other thought was to meet roof purlins at an angle, but there are way more then there are main purlin lines.

Looking at it closer, it is in fact for seats, and the connection plates at either end connect to these end pieces here

1000014953.jpg1000014952.jpg

It is the new tier of seating. Here is further proof below.

Which incidentally also really highlights the sheer scale of the stadium extension.

Which is in the next post as I can only attach 5 images.

I think the idea is to have it look more neutral so it doesn't feel too 'City' as they want it to be used for the arena crowd and other events.

If it’s a similar brick to the Island Office development in town, I’ll be happier. There are so many shades of brick. I just hope the brick colour isn’t too dark?

Which incidentally also really highlights the sheer scale of the stadium extension.

Section 1: existing north stand, the main structural column and cables they are building around currently, highlighted in green.

Section 2: new extension section overlaid, and the current steel tower you see in the video and images is highlighted in purple. We are actually one bay away from the main roof support which is one bay back. The steel beam circled above, is the big fuck-off diagonal at the top and the nibs are indeed the seat step props.

Secrion 3: the new extension itself, with the current roof, support structure, and bays that will be removed highlighted in red. More to show the difference it will make and the sheer scale of it.

1000014949.jpg1000014950.jpg1000014951.jpg

It will be included in the on site mock-up, so you'll get a feel for it then. You might like it more than the images suggest, who knows.

I always look forward to seeing the mock-ups. They give a true sense of what the exterior looks like. Hopefully a drone will pick it out and I can get some decent pictures of it afterwards, depending on where it’s located.

If it’s a similar brick to the Island Office development in town, I’ll be happier. There are so many shades of brick. I just hope the brick colour isn’t too dark?

Dammit, I was trying to get the two posts together in quick succession but you got in just inbetween lol. There are indeed many shades of brick, if ever there was a life saying in there. I trust them to pick out a good one.

I always look forward to seeing the mock-ups. They give a true sense of what the exterior looks like. Hopefully a drone will pick it out and I can get some decent pictures of it afterwards, depending on where it’s located.
I couldn't see any sign of it in the drone video yet, but I am sure it will get noticed. Could be anywhere from the cabins compound, to on the steel itself at higher level. There is an area close to the public walkway too that seems ideal for it.

But ultimately when celebrating a 3-0 win in the square, doubt anyone will particularly care, including you on the shade of brick or me on the colour of the horizontal panels ;)

Right. A few pages back I wondered where the big bit of steel with the nibs, circled in red below goes.

View attachment 113863View attachment 113864

My first thoughts was the regular angled nibs are for seat terraces, but thought, surely nowhere near that. My other thought was to meet roof purlins at an angle, but there are way more then there are main purlin lines.

Looking at it closer, it is in fact for seats, and the connection plates at either end connect to these end pieces here

View attachment 113865View attachment 113866

It is the new tier of seating. Here is further proof below.

Which is in the next post as I can only attach 5 images.

To support your evidence I took this picture on the way home today from outside the Bank of England. Not the best picture but sure to bring a tier to a few people’s eyes!

IMG_4390.jpeg

The picture doesn’t do justice to the mark the redevelopment makes on the view/landscape already from so far away!

Last edited:
Dammit, I was trying to get the two posts together in quick succession but you got in just inbetween lol. There are indeed many shades of brick, if ever there was a life saying in there. I trust them to pick out a good one.

I couldn't see any sign of it in the drone video yet, but I am sure it will get noticed. Could be anywhere from the cabins compound, to on the steel itself at higher level. There is an area close to the public walkway too that seems ideal for it.

But ultimately when celebrating a 3-0 win in the square, doubt anyone will particularly care, including you on the shade of brick or me on the colour of the horizontal panels ;)

I do care mate. On a whole the new builds in the city centre look great, but there are a few absolute new whoppers that have gone up, including the their exterior cladding. I utterly detest chequered panels of any colour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.