North Stand Expansion

I'm starting to feel pessimistic about this stand now from a fan/atmosphere perspective. I think it will look great and be an outstanding facility but I've got the feeling the money people have absolutely no intention of making this a City end/blue wall. I do believe the original intention when designing an expanded 2nd tier was for this to happen but once these money people got their mitts on it, it became something else entirely.

Instead, they might want to fill it with more casual fans so they can hang around the new City Square before and after the game, spending their money in the shop, bars and eateries. There's just a total lack of noise from the club about making it anything else with the fan groups almost having to desperately try and twist an arm when it should be the club reaching out to the fans.

It would be a shame because I believe the visual of a blue wall so to speak would bring in new fans over time in itself since young fans would see it and want to be part of it.
"I'm starting to feel pessimistic"

Proper old school FOC City fan attitude ;)

I'm starting to feel pessimistic about this stand now from a fan/atmosphere perspective. I think it will look great and be an outstanding facility but I've got the feeling the money people have absolutely no intention of making this a City end/blue wall. I do believe the original intention when designing an expanded 2nd tier was for this to happen but once these money people got their mitts on it, it became something else entirely.

Instead, they might want to fill it with more casual fans so they can hang around the new City Square before and after the game, spending their money in the shop, bars and eateries. There's just a total lack of noise from the club about making it anything else with the fan groups almost having to desperately try and twist an arm when it should be the club reaching out to the fans.

It would be a shame because I believe the visual of a blue wall so to speak would bring in new fans over time in itself since young fans would see it and want to be part of it.
Who are these “money people” who are supposedly ruining our club? And how do you know all this - or are you a pessimistic speculator

Hopefully you're right.

It's just the clubs behaviour towards fans, the clubs behaviour towards money, the clubs behaviour towards tickets. The current intention, seemingly, for no safe standing in the upper tier - could be wrong on that?
OMG. Our club has brought untold glory & happiness to me & my fellow blues that have had STs near me for the last 30 years.
Why are people continually moaning

OMG. Our club has brought untold glory & happiness to me & my fellow blues that have had STs near me for the last 30 years.
Why are people continually moaning

They’re not.

The success is amazing but where ticketing and fan attendance is concerned there are massive increases to match day tickets, yearly season ticket price increases and thus an overall decline of atmosphere.

This isn’t exclusive to City and is a problem for all top teams in England and unfortunately long time fans and the next generation are being priced out with a stronger focus on tourist fans who spend lots of money when at the stadium.

It was felt this perspective may impact the decision making on whether the expansion houses a ‘City End’ or just becomes another general area without an atmosphere.

They’re not.

The success is amazing but where ticketing and fan attendance is concerned there are massive increases to match day tickets, yearly season ticket price increases and thus an overall decline of atmosphere.

This isn’t exclusive to City and is a problem for all top teams in England and unfortunately long time fans and the next generation are being priced out with a stronger focus on tourist fans who spend lots of money when at the stadium.

It was felt this perspective may impact the decision making on whether the expansion houses a ‘City End’ or just becomes another general area without an atmosphere.

All that being the case, I would still doubt the club would be building an extra 8000 seats, in the format they are, if they werent pretty convinced they can fill them with regular match going blues without relying on pappping out tickets individually every 3 days to tourists or randos. Just not how I see the cut of their jib, myself.

They’re not.

Understand what you’re saying as you seem to have objective reasons for your comments

but honestly, reading some of the posts on this forum from folk professing to be fans, I find really depressing. The noise on here is almost as if we’re a failing club that lets the fans down constantly

I just don’t understand why everyone is intent on criticising everything

Maybe time I left

You are so spot on here!

@Didsbury Dave came up with a brilliant suggestion of setting up a group of people on here about the North Stand and demanding a meeting with Danny Wilson and these nameless execs who destroying what could have been.....

If this does not work, then we contact the journalist to start to get them to ask questions because all we getting at the moment is soundbites

@HelloCity I totally agree with what you said above

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.