North Stand Expansion

My problem is 1894 do not have enough active members to be representing supporters.

I saw a post the other day where they were acting on a poll of 300 responses ! 300 !!! that cannot possibly be a enough to be representing supporters in meetings with the club.

There is no alternative with fans groups - but 40k seasoncard holders should be voting - not a group with a few hundred active members

I don’t know how many members 1894 have got. Maybe 1894 will share that information?

How many members have the OSC got? 10,000’s? I’m in a OSC branch. But I don’t see the OSC actively campaigning on behalf of the fans in public. I’m sure they do in private, but there isn’t evidence of that across their social media platforms. I could be wrong about that?

How can 40,000 season ticket holders vote when the club won’t give 40,000 season ticket holders the opportunity to vote? How many of those 40,000 season tickets would actually vote?

The club sends out a select and limited amount of email questionnaires for fans to fill in. I recently got one. That’s enough for the club to get a general consensus of what the fans are thinking and what they want. The club certainly aren’t sending out 40,000 email questionnaires.

Last edited:
In fairness, I thought they were out to get more clarity and information on what the club are thinking, that doesn't come across in what is publicly available. Rather than try push what they want or think most fans want (even if they are right).

I imagine most of us know the main things the fans want, as do the club.

What none of us know is how the club are planning on delivering it. That's the more pertinent and interesting part of the discussions imo. And your questions you put up here were spot on, as part of that.

The questionnaire has a place and all, but hopefully it doesn't distract from hearing out what the club may want to say.

Even though I’m in 1894 I’m not privy to what has been discussed at the meetings. I can ask, and I’d probably get the answers, but I choose not to ask. I’m happy to wait.

The club are happy to engage with 1894 and to invite 1894 to the North stand meetings. The club and 1894 have worked together for years on banners, displays, improving the atmosphere, etc. 1894 are independent of the club and always will be. They have disagreed with the club on many issues in private and in public. 1894 are a voice for the fans. That is all. 1894 don’t have a City Matters Rep. 1894 are not invited to the City Matters meetings.

Just some points (as a few of you have mentioned 1894):

- the 300 responses was the number of responses we received 2 hours from the poll going live. We posted it because it was clear how the results would go.

- the club wanted us at the meeting so clearly they’re interested in ours and our members views.

- it’s all well and good saying ‘answers will be obvious’, but we wanted ‘facts’ to back up our stances in a formal meeting.

- the clear desire from our membership is to see atmosphere as the top priority when considering the North Stand Expansion.

- our membership reflects thousands of fans. Ranging from young/old, locals/overseas, Seasoncard Holders/fans who have only been once or twice. I get that our campaigns might not reflect what other demographics want - but it’s up to them to create a group and put in the effort we have over the last decade if they feel strongly enough about it. We are serving our members and pushing their views. You can all become members and influence that process.

I don’t know how many members 1894 have got. Maybe 1894 will share that information?

How many members have the OSC got? 10,000’s? I’m in a OSC branch. But I don’t see the OSC actively campaigning on behalf of the fans in public. I’m sure they do in private, but there isn’t evidence of that across their social media platforms. I could be wrong about that?

How can 40,000 season ticket holders vote when the club won’t give 40,000 season ticket holders the opportunity to vote? How many of those 40,000 season tickets would actually vote?

The club sends out a select and limited amount of email questionnaires for fans to fill in. I recently got one. That’s enough for the club to get a general consensus of what the fans are thinking and what they want. The club certainly aren’t sending out 40,000 email questionnaires.
I got that club questionnaire. Seems to he focused on our opinion on City Matters and CITC, which is a bit wierd.

Nothing about the North Stand.

Reactions: jrb
Just some points (as a few of you have mentioned 1894):

- the 300 responses was the number of responses we received 2 hours from the poll going live. We posted it because it was clear how the results would go.

- the club wanted us at the meeting so clearly they’re interested in ours and our members views.

- it’s all well and good saying ‘answers will be obvious’, but we wanted ‘facts’ to back up our stances in a formal meeting.

- the clear desire from our membership is to see atmosphere as the top priority when considering the North Stand Expansion.

- our membership reflects thousands of fans. Ranging from young/old, locals/overseas, Seasoncard Holders/fans who have only been once or twice. I get that our campaigns might not reflect what other demographics want - but it’s up to them to create a group and put in the effort we have over the last decade if they feel strongly enough about it. We are serving our members and pushing their views. You can all become members and influence that process.
Is 1894 open to new members mate?

I got that club questionnaire. Seems to he focused on our opinion on City Matters and CITC, which is a bit wierd.

Nothing about the North Stand.
Why should there be?

They are not designing a project, already under construction, by survey responses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.