North Stand Expansion

All this talk of naming all four sides of the Etihad has got me wondering what the name of each side/stand would be now if City's ground had always been where the Etihad is now and we'd moved straight there from Hyde Road in the 1920s. Been looking at some old maps of east Manchester for a bit of inspiration.

The stadium would probably be called Bradford Park or Miles Platting Field instead. The North Stand could be called the Bradford Road End; the Colin Bell/West Stand would probably be called the Holt Stand (named after Holt Town); the East Stand could be called the Forge (named after Forge Lane); the South Stand would probably be just known as the Scoreboard End or South Stand.

Used a generic FIFA stadium for the "diagram".

1714486532489.png

Just picked up on this having a look through the PA.

The view of the North stand expansion from the canal side of the Coop Live Arena.

There’s also a hotel balcony above the big LED screen. From the image it looks like it will be open to hotel residents.

2 people are on the walkway viewing platform. :-)

View attachment 116699

It is the horizontals that are letting it down imo. The mock-up panel will show it in real life, but that's the one thing I can't help thinking.

Just filled in the 1894 questionnaire. I don’t often check my emails.

Had to crop the screen grabs to get all the questions in the post.

Even though I have said I’m staying in SSL1, I would rethink that decision if NSL2 had safe standing/rail seating, a singing section, and confirmation from the club that they intend to create a genuine atmospheric home end.(question 6)

2149-EE32-C641-42-D3-BB28-B29-E5-AFFD6-CD.jpg

D6-F330-D5-38-A1-4-BAC-9-A7-E-81532-A1-DDA2-A.jpg

17-A581-E7-C393-4-F78-96-D6-E6-C9-D8-AE47-DB.jpg

4C0408E6-A1EC-46F9-BED1-3479681B6701.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.