North Stand Expansion

Just some points (as a few of you have mentioned 1894):

- the 300 responses was the number of responses we received 2 hours from the poll going live. We posted it because it was clear how the results would go.

- the club wanted us at the meeting so clearly they’re interested in ours and our members views.

- it’s all well and good saying ‘answers will be obvious’, but we wanted ‘facts’ to back up our stances in a formal meeting.

- the clear desire from our membership is to see atmosphere as the top priority when considering the North Stand Expansion.

- our membership reflects thousands of fans. Ranging from young/old, locals/overseas, Seasoncard Holders/fans who have only been once or twice. I get that our campaigns might not reflect what other demographics want - but it’s up to them to create a group and put in the effort we have over the last decade if they feel strongly enough about it. We are serving our members and pushing their views. You can all become members and influence that process.

Maybe because it's our Club, we are its most invested stakeholders and its just about the most important development we've ever undertaken?
The point is that the consultation would have to have taken place before the design was completed let alone before work started on site. That particular horse has long since bolted.

The cost implications of design changes during construction are quite severe in cost terms. When I worked in construction consultancy, clients changing the brief after the project was on site, was a real pain and very expensive.

That happened because many clients had little experience of commissioning a project. That is not the case with City who did much the same with the South Stand not so long ago.

The point is that the consultation would have to have taken place before the design was completed let alone before work started on site. That particular horse has long since bolted.

The cost implications of design changes during construction are quite severe in cost terms. When I worked in construction consultancy, clients changing the brief after the project was on site, was a real pain and very expensive.

That happened because many clients had little experience of commissioning a project. That is not the case with City who did much the same with the South Stand not so long ago.
I've not said anything about design changes. I simply believe that our supporters should be front and centre of this development. It's not about the design of the new seats, it's who is sat in them.

I've not said anything about design changes. I simply believe that our supporters should be front and centre of this development. It's not about the design of the new seats, it's who is sat in them.
There will be a mix of ticket prices £1600 at the front GA+ then around £1k with £800 further back. But all City fans.

Safe standing/rail seating is mentioned in the PA. Installing that doesn't need design changes.

I'd be with happy with 1/2, 1/3 or the outer blocks of NSL2 having safe standing/rail seating.

Almost every club has installed or is installing safe standing/rail seating in their home ends.

Yet there's still a possibility City aren't going to install safe standing/rail seating in the new North stand home end, even though they can do that.

If City install 8000 new seats in NSL2 they aren't going to rip them out again to install 8000 safe standing/rail seats.

Like I've said previously. If City do install 8000 seats, good luck to the club and stewards trying to get 8000 fans to sit continually throughout the match in the new home end. That isn't going to happen. And it's going to cause a lot of problems between the fans, stewards and the club.

Safe standing/rail seating is mentioned in the PA. Installing that doesn't need design changes.

I'd be with happy with 1/2, 1/3 or the outer blocks of NSL2 having safe standing/rail seating.

Almost every club has installed or is installing safe standing/rail seating in their home ends.

Yet there's still a possibility City aren't going to install safe standing/rail seating in the new North stand home end, even though they can do that.

If City install 8000 new seats in NSL2 they aren't going to rip them out again to install 8000 safe standing/rail seats.

Like I've said previously. If City do install 8000 seats, good luck to the club and stewards trying to get 8000 fans to sit continually throughout the match in the new home end. That isn't going to happen. And it's going to cause a lot of problems between the fans, stewards and the club.

Don't disagree with any of that. But you do underestimate how easy it is to change to safe standing, once the concourses, access, toilets etc can take the volume. And the way these are done the seats, even the GA+ ones, are spaced exactly the same as the typical standing pods.

You are right, better all done at once, but I would bet when the club think there is a need for it, they will do it, the fact they recently installed seats won't even cross their mind.

Ok, is it realistic?

My point being more that, according to that, the GA+ will generate only an extra 388k a season. Which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. And as I previously mused, imo the club are not doing it for the money as such, but for a possible number of other reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.