North Stand Expansion

You may be right, but I'm not totally convinced there is at the moment demand for 8000 safe standing seats. Thats about 1 in 5 of current S/C holders, do you think 1 in 5 would want to stand ? Seems a bit high to me.

Just had an interesting conversation with a Liverpool fan about the KOP. I'll post it later on. Got to go back to work.

From this week's progress videos, not long at all now till phase 1 of the steel towers is built.

The solid blue over the top left image is broadly where they are with both towers. Roughly in stick red on the right over the video footage, what's left of both. Bottom left shows the steel infil that is yet to happen in phase 2 to bring it to ground, once the transfer has happened and the support pier and cables have been removed.

1000016180.jpg

I would assume the transfer can't happen till the middle back steel member (with the red arrow pointing to it top left) is built, as that seems to be what the grouped cables will at least temporarily anchor and tighten to (in orange). But that doesn't seem far now. It is well impressive how quickly the east tower has caught up in the last week or so.

I think I was perhaps to eager speculating they could be in a position to attempt the transfer over the two weeks between the wolves and west ham home games. But will keenly watch.

Last edited:
Cpoverview.

Great updates

If possible, on your next update, can you have a low look around the porta cabins and fenced off holding areas to see if the exterior cladding mockup is up yet?

Thanks
Definitely, I forgot all about it this morning, was too eager to get done and then miss the traffic

Cpoverview.

Great updates

If possible, on your next update, can you have a low look around the porta cabins and fenced off holding areas to see if the exterior cladding mockup is up yet?

Thanks

I noticed that frame I previously thought might have been it wasn't there this time, so it was either something else or has been relocated. But that's ok @bluesmith would look into it next time he's out ;).

I noticed that frame I previously thought might have been it wasn't there this time, so it was either something else or has been relocated. But that's ok @bluesmith would look into it next time he's out ;).
Won't be this week, Sisk have new ppe regs and mine don't meet it. Long sleeved hi vis, the world's gone mad.

You may be right, but I'm not totally convinced there is at the moment demand for 8000 safe standing seats. Thats about 1 in 5 of current S/C holders, do you think 1 in 5 would want to stand ? Seems a bit high to me.

Disclaimer. Figures vary and may not be approximate. I tried to source the figures from the OS’s.

Going back to the original topic.

I think we could fill a further 8000 safe standing seats even though SSL1, blocks 111 and 110 are already safe standing. Is 109 safe standing or did it stop at 110? I don’t think the club will make all of NSL2 safe standing.

TH-OS.

The Spurs home end has a capacity of 17,500. Of that capacity 6000 seats are safe standing at the bottom of the tier…….

The following areas of our South Stand are designated for safe standing:
• Rows 1-29, Blocks 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 254, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260
• Rows 71-82, Blocks 323, 324, 451, 452, 453

From watching the Spurs home games, other Spurs fans in the Spurs home end also stand, even though their seats aren’t safe standing seats.

The KOP is being made completely safe standing this Summer in time for next season.

Figures vary, but the capacity of the KOP is in the region of 12,850.

LFC OS.

Rail seating was first introduced in two areas of Anfield during the 2020-21 close-season following a safety review by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority.

The initial trial saw 7,800 rail seats installed on the Kop and the lower tier of the Anfield Road Stand. A second phase saw a further 2,500 rail seats introduced on the Kop during the 2022-23 season.

The latest installation phase took place last summer when a further 3,000 rail seats were placed on the Kop in the remainder of blocks 202-208, down to row 33.

Everton’s new South stand home end in their new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium will have a 13,000 capacity

Like Spurs the lower section of the South stand will be safe standing. (5000-6000?)

EFC-OS.

The lower section of the south stand will incorporate safe standing, with rail seating in place.

United are expanding safe standing in the Stretford End.

MU-OS.

The latest installation will bring the total number of rail seats in the Theatre of Dreams to more than 6,000.(currently)

Next season.

Following discussions with The Red Army (TRA) – our fan group dedicated to improving atmosphere at Old Trafford - we have agreed they will occupy up to 2,700 seats across blocks W205-W208.(Stretford End) They requested the central seats vacated by our Executive Club members and we have supported this and located them in the heart of our iconic stand, demonstrating our commitment to a loud and vibrant Old Trafford. We therefore have 1,800 seats / rail seats across blocks W209-212 to populate as follows:

As you can see from that cross section of clubs they all have or will have safe standing in their ‘home ends’, or they will be expanding safe standing in their ‘home ends’.

From a personal point of view I think it’s unthinkable that City won’t have safe standing seats in the new North stand home end, regardless of the location and amount of safe standing seats.

Off topic.

The conversation I had with the Liverpool fan in work led me to look at the match day prices on the KOP.

KOP layout, blocks and match day prices.

IMG_1053.jpeg
This season.

IMG_1054.jpeg

Next season. After the planned 2% rise.

IMG_1055.jpeg
Anfield Road stand expansion.

The expansion will see around 1,000 new season tickets allocated and more than 3,000 new general admission tickets per game for the Members sale. It will also have a new young adult section in the lower tier, behind the goal. It will mean a doubling of the number of tickets available to young supporters in the Anfield Road Stand, with more than a quarter of all seats set aside for younger fans.

Won't be this week, Sisk have new ppe regs and mine don't meet it. Long sleeved hi vis, the world's gone mad.

They've got to he extra careful, what with all these drones flying about. Can't have folk with sleeveless high vis on youtube!

There was a dude with just high vis troos on, nae tap, I spotted in either this or the last one. But generally, they seem to cover it well.

The industry will see it more and more, as drones are readily available. A couple of weeks ago someone sent me a drone video of one of my sites (felt like I was cheating on this one), and there were a couple folk to pull up on a thing or two, that wouldn't do it for a formal loop. A site manager I know wants one for himself so he can sit in his office and watch folk, lol. Maybe attach a laser to it to point at folk taking a break.

Disclaimer. Figures vary and may not be approximate. I tried to source the figures from the OS’s.

Going back to the original topic.

I think we could fill a further 8000 safe standing seats even though SSL1, blocks 111 and 110 are already safe standing. Is 109 safe standing or did it stop at 110? I don’t think the club will make all of NSL2 safe standing.

TH-OS.

The Spurs home end has a capacity of 17,500. Of that capacity 6000 seats are safe standing at the bottom of the tier…….

The following areas of our South Stand are designated for safe standing:
• Rows 1-29, Blocks 248, 249, 250, 251, 252, 254, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260
• Rows 71-82, Blocks 323, 324, 451, 452, 453

From watching the Spurs home games, other Spurs fans in the Spurs home end also stand, even though their seats aren’t safe standing seats.

The KOP is being made completely safe standing this Summer in time for next season.

Figures vary, but the capacity of the KOP is in the region of 12,850.

LFC OS.

Rail seating was first introduced in two areas of Anfield during the 2020-21 close-season following a safety review by the Sports Grounds Safety Authority.

The initial trial saw 7,800 rail seats installed on the Kop and the lower tier of the Anfield Road Stand. A second phase saw a further 2,500 rail seats introduced on the Kop during the 2022-23 season.

The latest installation phase took place last summer when a further 3,000 rail seats were placed on the Kop in the remainder of blocks 202-208, down to row 33.

Everton’s new South stand home end in their new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium will have a 13,000 capacity

Like Spurs the lower section of the South stand will be safe standing. (5000-6000?)

EFC-OS.

The lower section of the south stand will incorporate safe standing, with rail seating in place.

United are expanding safe standing in the Stretford End.

MU-OS.

The latest installation will bring the total number of rail seats in the Theatre of Dreams to more than 6,000.(currently)

Next season.

Following discussions with The Red Army (TRA) – our fan group dedicated to improving atmosphere at Old Trafford - we have agreed they will occupy up to 2,700 seats across blocks W205-W208.(Stretford End) They requested the central seats vacated by our Executive Club members and we have supported this and located them in the heart of our iconic stand, demonstrating our commitment to a loud and vibrant Old Trafford. We therefore have 1,800 seats / rail seats across blocks W209-212 to populate as follows:

As you can see from that cross section of clubs they all have or will have safe standing in their ‘home ends’, or they will be expanding safe standing in their ‘home ends’.

From a personal point of view I think it’s unthinkable that City won’t have safe standing seats in the new North stand home end, regardless of the location and amount of safe standing seats.
I completely agree, I was only questioning the number in total, lot of figures in your post, but seems around 8000 may be possible.
Question is if they keep South stand blocks standing as it is now how many of the 8000 does that eat into? Plus if they decided to make NS tier 1 safe standing, how much would that add up to ?
Personally think if we do have 8000 standing they need to all be in one stand,not spread over 2.

They've got to he extra careful, what with all these drones flying about. Can't have folk with sleeveless high vis on youtube!

There was a dude with just high vis troos on, nae tap, I spotted in either this or the last one. But generally, they seem to cover it well.

The industry will see it more and more, as drones are readily available. A couple of weeks ago someone sent me a drone video of one of my sites (felt like I was cheating on this one), and there were a couple folk to pull up on a thing or two, that wouldn't do it for a formal visit. A site manager I know wants one for himself so he can sit in his office and watch folk, lol. Maybe attach a laser to it to point at folk taking a break.
Every site would be shut down If drones could get full access. I actually recently saw a house listing / advert which they used 360 drone footage to market the house so it probably possible. We use a 360 camera for progress reporting already on some jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.