North Stand Expansion

I’m going in the morning so will be uploaded at some point of the day (Saturday).
I will also take a look at the women’s new bit .

If you get the chance, it would be good if you could look back on yourself towards the CFA campus. Probably best from your usual starting position. Looking to try identify sensible pockets where they might locate this sample room/facade on so much available ground, when they eventually do.

Here is what I think, from what is available. Could be wrong, happy for others to correct me or expand on it. Looks to me like they will build a clamped cage, with new rod ties to the back corners of the tower/cage, to replace the old backstay cables. The frontstay cables will stay. The tension transfer will happen incrementally. (Kept it slow this time ;)). Whet the actual final format of that front cable plate is, no idea, just shown whatever in the final image to distinguish from existing.

View attachment 121588

In the bottom image, on the left you can see the new transfer rods to the back corners in orange. And the two steel columns either side in the drone photo, for bearings.

View attachment 121590
I am looking at this correctly when it appears the original 8 cables are going to be reduced to two large rods?

I am looking at this correctly when it appears the original 8 cables are going to be reduced to two large rods?

Yes, that's what seems to be shown. What maybe isn't obvious looking at it from above that way, the 8 back cables are tensioned down to the ground. The two larger ones are tied upwards to the back corners of the new tower, so the force would spread more to the steel frame. Can see it better in mages 3 and 4 of the earlier section gif.

Yes, that's what seems to be shown. What maybe isn't obvious looking at it from above that way, the 8 back cables are tensioned down to the ground. The two larger ones are tied upwards to the back corners of the new tower, so the force would spread more to the steel frame. Can see it better in mages 3 and 4 of the earlier section gif.
Thank for the reply.

I hope the original masts are not scrapped, it would be good to use them in some way, they are so iconic, even more so the non working blue lights ;)

Thank for the reply.

I hope the original masts are not scrapped, it would be good to use them in some way, they are so iconic, even more so the non working blue lights ;)

Depends on what's left of them by the time they are taken out of the steel towers.

Maybe the Sheikh should just buy them for scrap metal, and put it down as asset sale in our FFP assessment!

The best way I can think of describing this whole transfer thing. Not specifically to you btw, more generally.

Imagine you have one end of your clothes line tied up to a tent in your garden. You want to take the tent away but need to keep the clothes line in place. The tent is thin, light and all works together, so any pole you remove, the clothes line pulls the whole thing down. So you build a chunky robust cage (or most of one) around the tent. Then have to clamp the clothesline and transfer it to the cage with new ties. Without slacking it any. Then have to manoeuvre all the tent poles out of the cage, to complete the rest of it.

But instead of wet clothes, it is holding up the roof of a stadium, of course, for a sense of magnitude.

Depends on what's left of them by the time they are taken out of the steel towers.

Maybe the Sheikh should just buy them for scrap metal, and put it down as asset sale in our FFP assessment!

The best way I can think of describing this whole transfer thing. Not specifically to you btw, more generally.

Imagine you have one end of your clothes line tied up to a tent in your garden. You want to take the tent away but need to keep the clothes line in place. The tent is thin, light and all works together, so any pole you remove, the clothes line pulls the whole thing down. So you build a chunky robust cage (or most of one) around the tent. Then have to clamp the clothesline and transfer it to the cage with new ties. Without slacking it any. Then have to manoeuvre all the tent poles out of the cage, to complete the rest of it.

But instead of wet clothes, it is holding up the roof of a stadium, of course, for a sense of magnitude.
It sounds like it's going to be some operation, any idea on time scale of the actual transfer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.